“Wow what a surprise”

Cuisines: Mexican
Phoenix, Oregon
“Wow what a surprise”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a quant little place hidden away in a little stop off the highway. We were hungry and thought well I guess we can try it what could it hurt. It wasn't anything special on the outside. We went in and it looked as if there was some work going on. They were actually making a cantina on one side of the restaurant. There was no carpet on the floor either. The décor was fun and colorful. This was a breakfast stop and I ordered a green chili omelet. Usually in most American restaurants you get a green chili wrapped in an omelet. To my surprise I got a omelet stuffed with cheese and covered in bean, meat, potato and green chili sauce and it was scrumptious. My husband had two eggs cooked medium and they were the nicest looking eggs Ive seen in a long while.
Anyway I kind of thought maybe the place was newer but the very nice, happy friendly waitress said they had been there 30 years. Great surprise for us.

• Visited May 2014