This isn't a five-star luxury hotel, or even a modern low-budget business hotel. It is a wonderfully old-school country lodging. Given the comparative price of really sketchy-looking places in Cody, this is an absolute bargain!
The staff is friendly and personable, breakfasts are not overly elaborate but are excellent (no powdered eggs here! and really good biscuits!), and the cabins are perfect. They give you a nice rustic feel away from the highly commercialized hustle of Cody, and it is REALLY nice to wake up in the morning and check out the Shoshone River before heading over to Yellowstone. We unexpectedly extended our stay because we were so happy with the accommodations -- although I strongly going for the cabins over the rooms in the lodge/motel part. Drove in to Cody the first day, in to Yellowstone the next two. The wireless is ok (not so great for streaming stuff) and you will get cell reception if you have Verizon, but not other service providers. Not a drawback (I kinda liked having no reception), but something you should be aware of if, like me, you're stuck telecommuting. Nice that they have an on-site playground and heated pool as well. I don't understand another poster's comment about the beds - they were SUPER pillowtop-y. Similarly, don't be worried about the place being hard to find -- we found it easily at 11:30 pm on an otherwise dark road!
Very relaxing and as long as you know what you're getting - think western rustic - this is a great place to get in the Yellowstone mood!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 360 degree mountain views. high desert location means low humidity and few mosquitos during our summer season. World class trout fishing, river rafting, horse riding, hiking and site seeing. 30 minutes from Yellowstone's east gate and 20 minutes west of Cody, Wyoming.Heated pool, indoor hot tub, restaurant, saloon and public laundry. 35 rooms and 60 large, level RV sites. moderately priced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Yellowstone Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yellowstone Valley Inn And Rv Park Hotel Wapiti
- Yellowstone Valley Hotel
- Yellowstone Valley Motel
- Yellowstone Valley Inn Wapiti, Wyoming