All reviews lighted sign stay there again yellowstone east entrance bunk beds beautiful scenery two nights great place to stay horseshoe pits miles cody cabin rates
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My experience was extremely negative. While I was told it was 10 miles from the Yellowstone entrance, I was not told that there was an extremely windy ride that would take over an hour in each direction to get there! When I got there, I didn't want to stay ... but they refused, absolutely refused to return my first night's payment and, in fact, insisted that I pay for 2 more days!!!! I thought if I pay, I may as well stay, until I saw the box of a room. My cell phone wouldn't work there ... I immediately went on the internet and made room reservations in the park, and told them I wanted my money back. I never touched the room! They are rude, and I believe they took my money and shouldn't have. By the way, I made my reservation to a different name ... and feel they did a bait and switch. Anyway, beware. The room is just bigger than a tent.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IrisGo
greencreek, Owners at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2010

This customer made a reservation with us. Full information, as well as confirmation was sent. Customer thought they had a reservation at another hotel farther from the park. Customer never even accepted the key and insisted the drive to Yellowstone was not supposed to be a winding road. In fact, the road is a Federal US Highway and we are the last hotel before the park. Our rooms are clean and comfortable, verified by the many comments listed on our web including actual pictures and full information on our cancellation policy. Please call if this customer's comments concern you. We would be happy to answer all questions!

Reviewed 25 August 2009

Looking last minute for location near Yellowstone that would accommodate our two labs. We were concerned about what we'd find since it was last minute but luckily stumbled upon the website for the Green Creek Inn. It was cute - had a photo of chocolate lab named Titus with a caption "Titus says stay here"...so caught our attention. I called the motel and spoke to Carolyn. She was very helpful and most willing to accept both of us and our two dogs for the following two nights. This is a small sort of old motel - truly nothing fancy. However, our room had been cleaned within an inch of its life and certainly met our needs. The dogs were welcomed and Carolyn offered to have them play in her fenced yard with the above-mentioned Titus.

When we mentioned wanting to go into Cody for the rodeo, they offered a dinner suggestion and made reservations for us. They also offered to keep an eye on the dogs while we were out if need be. Location of property is great - about 1/2 way between Cody and the entrace to Yellowstone. Very driveable. View around motel is unbelievable - I'd recommend this as an excellent "base" for trips around the area. These folks are very welcoming and everything was great!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2009

On a recent trip to Yellowstone and Wyoming, we stopped by this establishment to inquire on rates. The apparent owner came out towards our car as we were turning around and approached us. There was a very large house on the hill behind that we were trying to figure out when he came over and made some rude remarks stating he was sure that we saw the sign out front regarding the house on the hill. I said I was not sure what he was talking about but that we were interested in checking out the rates. My son was taking a picture of the large pagoda style house when the owner started yelling at me through our window and said how would I like it if he drove into my yard and started taking pictures. He approached us in a violent manner and I stated again that I was sorry and was just checking on the motel when the house on the hill got our attention. He became violent and I rolled up my window and my husband drove off. It was almost frightening. I would never stay there. This man was a lunatic. We never got far enough to even find out about the motel itself.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank ICANGOCALIFORNIA
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2009

Green Creek Inn & RV Park prides themselves on customer service and guest privacy. Signs entering property state "Guests Only". This reviewer entered property, was found near the guest RV's taking photos and didn't check in with office to announce intent and as such, was questioned and asked to leave. All guests and RV'ers can enjoy safety and privacy on our property. Feel free to call if this review causes concern.

Reviewed 3 June 2009

I agree with the other reviewers that the rooms are small but clean. The reason I actually gave this place an ok (not great) rating was because (1) it's way overpriced for what you're getting--paying $80+ for this place is a little too much! and (2) the male owner of the place was quite abrupt and rude in his talking--and he kept passing smart comments when we were asking questions about the amenitites the hotel offered (it's not like we were expecting a 5* hotel--we just wanted to know what we were booking since most of the places in the surrounding area are cabins and camping!)
Checking in at 11pm was a slight problem since it's a family-owned outfit, but they accomodated us by charging our credit card beforehand and leaving the keys in the room.

Finally, a huge plus for this place is that the heating worked really well--which was very useful since it was so cold!

Overall, I don't know if I'd stay at this place again because the price really just seems too much for what you're getting, but the options in the area are quite limited, so I might have my arm-twisted into it if we passed by the area again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackSparrow22
Reviewed 14 October 2008

We found this place to be clean and close to Yellowstone.
The owners were very nice.

Room was small, but we were sleeping there not living in it.
I would go back again. And the drive from
Yellowstone was great.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank warrio2008