“Good Lodging close to Yellowstone National Park”

Green Creek Inn And RV Park
Ranked #3 of 3 Wapiti B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2010

The Green Creek Inn and RV Park is located approx. 23 miles from Yellowstone National. Park (East Entrance) About midway between Cody,WY and the park.
The rooms at Green Creek Inn are small, clean, well maintained and reasonably priced. You will find the owner and staff very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this If you are visiting Yellowstone, The locations is good and we found that touring the park can take several full days so we did not need the fluff that comes with higher priced motels or lodges. On our trip we did not book in advance and we were very lucky to be able to get a room. I definitely would book in advance but pay close attention to the cancellation policy.

Reviewed 24 July 2010

My family and I just completed a 4 week long RV trip out West. We stayed at the Green Creek RV park for 3 nights. To make a long story short, as we we coming into Cody, WY (roughly 20 miles east of Green Creek) all of the electronics started shutting down on my vehicle. We thought of getting it fixed in Cody but since it was after-hours we figured most shops would be closed. Just after disconnecting my travel trailer, my vehicle wouldn't start again. I mentioned this to the owner (Jeff) and, to my delight, he suggested that I tow my vehicle to McCue Auto in Cody. I bought a few things at the camp store and, not long after returning to my camper, I heard this loud, rumbling noise. Jeff went out of his way and brought over a battery charger. He charged the battery for a couple of hours so that we could get the vehicle started to take to the shop the next day. To sum up, a lot of things could have went wrong during that day but Jeff made things go a whole lot smoother. There were a couple of body shops that I looked up but Jeff strongly recommended McCue's and John at the shop really took care of us. All was fixed for a very reasonable price and we were back at the campground by 3:30 that day. Unbelievable. As expected, the 6 hours of shopping in Cody cost more than the vehicle repairs!!! We enjoyed the day in Cody but Jeff even offered the use of one of his personal vehicles if we wanted to go to Yellowstone instead. We enjoyed the campground: quiet at night, meeting other campfires at the fire, playing horseshoes, etc. The campground is only 1/2 hour away from the east YS entrance so it's very convenient. I've vacationed a lot over the years and it's difficult to remember the places I've visited when things work out smoothly. However, the ones I remember most are the "bumps in the road" when you see people go above and beyond to help out. Thanks Jeff, my family and really appreciated your help and will stay there again when we return in a few years.......

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Our room was clean, a/c worked great, parking right in front of your room. We had windows to open if you wanted the clean cool fresh air. Hotel was quiet, we slept very well. They have a limited breakfast/lunch/dinner menu from 7:30am-9:30pm for your convenience. We had cheeseburger & fries, cooked to order and it was great. The hotel is about 27 miles from the entrance of Yellowstone which is not very far until you consider the entrance is about another 25 miles to the inner loop. We came back after dark the first night and thankfully the hotel had a big nice lighted sign or we might not have found them. I would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed 12 July 2010

The wife and just spent a week at Green Creek Inn. The location for us was perfect being between Cody and Yellowstone East Entrance. The location allowed us to make day trips over the entire Yellowstone Park, Beartooth Pass and Red Lodge MT.

In our planning, we looked for a good location, price and had to be clean. Green Creek provided us all 3. Sits right off the highway. If you have difficult finding it, you must not be looking for it. Road signs along the route and in front of the Hotel. We had no difficulty.

Owners were up front and honest about accommodations and the few rules they have in place are because of others that may of tried to take advantage of them. We pulled a small trailer with a motorcycle over 1200 miles and the owners accommodated us by placing us on the end of the motel so we could easily park and be close to our equipment.

We left one day early only because we felt we saw all we wanted to see in the 7 days. I knew that I would forfeit my one night but Jeff said if he could fill the vacancy, he would refund my money. He could of easily just kept my money according to the agreement but tried his best to accommodate. According to my credit card charges, we was able to fill the room and refund on my bill. This says a lot to me about the owners honesty.

Don't expect a large breakfast and if that is what you are looking for, go somewhere else and pay more money. Want a cup of coffee and a donut and a fair price for a room that is clean, this is the place. The rooms are small. Our queen room was 11 X 13 with a full bathroom off to the side. We weren't living there, we were just sleeping there.

While there for a week, one of the RV'ers had truck problems. Jeff helped them in tracking down a service station and was able to use his connections to get their vehicle's alternator same day shipped and repaired. All I can say wow.

If we ever return, we wouldn't consider going any where else.

Reviewed 3 July 2010

Thank you for your hospitality during our recent stay at your hotel. We had a wonderful, memorable trip. The cabin was clean and perfect for our family of 4; although we could have easily accomodated more. It was nice and quiet and a perfect place to rest after a busy day at Yellowstone or Cody. The scenery just simply can't be beat. We can't thank you enough. Maybe someday we'll bring our grandchildren back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Although we spent more time in Yellowstone during the days, when we made it back to the cabin at Green Creek, it was nice to come back to a nice clean place. Although there were a couple pits set up for a bar-b-q and a place for a camp fire, they were not very close to where our cabin was located. I think if there would have been an accommodation for these closer to the cabin, we would have certainly taken advantage of sitting around the camp fire and eating some grilled burgers. All in all, I have nothing bad to say about our stay, and I would definitely stay here again if I ever have the opportunity to find myself back in Wyoming vacationing.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

we arrived at greencreek with no reservations, within 10 min of bieng at the campground found they had no showers or bathrooms, our group of 4 wanted a bathroom besides the motor home we were in.
after asking for a refund and not ever being parked or hooked up at the site , found the owner to be very scary, he began ranting and raving while running out the office door at me while trying to leave this place, i have 2 witnesses, he stated i had signed a very small print check in form saying they had none and refused a refund even tho i had not stayed. in short he called the police on me having them tell me to stay off the property WHY would I go back..lol
I moved down the road to yellowstone valley rv park, BTW stay here its the best in all ways,
in short Discover is doing a reversal and my trip was great its just too bad this guy is starving for business so bad to make ends meet he must try to rip ppl off SEARCH the net you will so many reports like this

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank ever_greenNilesMi
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

This person wanted an RV spot. He was specifically asked the number of days and was told we had no public bathrooms for the RV Park. We asked him to be sure on the dates and the bathhouse. He agreed to the dates and lack of public bathroom and signed the "no refunds for early departure and lack of public bathrooms" statement. Once in the site and connected to the utilities and dumped his holding tanks, he decided to try an get a refund. Our policies for early departure and cancellations are very clear and simple.