All reviewslighted signstay there againyellowstone east entrancebunk bedsbeautiful scenerytwo nightsgreat place to stayhorseshoe pitsmilescodycabinrates
Reviewed 17 September 2010

The owner manages this place using intimidation. He never smiled once when we saw him each day. He's scary. So many reviews on this site confirm what we experienced. He may own the Inn and Park but he treats people like trespassers during their stay. Each day that we stayed there, we normally went out to brunch nearby for an hour or so. We came back to rest for a bit before heading out and the windows to our room were wide open and he had totally shut the air conditioner off in our room. It was over 80 degrees in our room with the sun beating in. We even left him a note to please leave our room temperature alone and to stop leaving our windows wide open and curtains pulled back, thus leaving our cameras, cell phones, etc, unsecured and in plain view to anyone walking by. There is no way they can view the rooms in the back part of the hotel from their office so anyone could just push the screens in and walk off with your belongings. That didn't stop him. He did it every day to save himself money at our expense. Had we known that according to this site, over 30% of the people that have stayed here would never come back, we would have stayed in Cody, out in Yellowstone, or anywhere but here. (Now stay tuned for the owners response but remember, everyone but him is in the wrong. And of f course, you can just call him and he'll tell you the story he wants you to hear. How self serving and pathetic!!!)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank HappyKamperGuy
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2010

A review from someone who can't appreciate a energy saving program. Housekeeping is instructed to open windows and turn OFF devices when the rooms are empty. This would include air conditioning and lights. If you are not in the room, why would the lights need to be on? There are million dollar motor homes staying in the RV park section, so we are constantly walking the property. No complaints from the RV's about security, so this isn't the real issue here. The issue here is waste. If you want to waste energy, please stay somewhere else. We are a GREEN property with energy saving lights and equipment. This wasteful energy attitude ultimately gets reflected in rates. If you want a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price, come see us.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

My husband, mother-in-law, and aunt were headed for Yellowstone for five days and chose to stay at Green Creek to camp. The owners were as nice as being with family and always accommodated our every wish. My husband had to do some business while we were there and the owner went out of his way to help us fax some documents that were time critical. The pet friendly atmosphere was welcome and next time we know we can bring our dogs and have someone who loves animals as much as we do take good care of them while we sightsee. They've helped us fall in love with the Cody area and we will DEFINITELY be back. If all of Wyoming's residents are as nice as the owners of Green Creek, we might even come to stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We reserved an RV spot for 2 nights. Due to mechanical trouble, we arrived latere than planned. The owners left a map on the door directing us to our site. That night we were kept awake by dogs barking and road traffic noise that started early in the morning. We decided to cancel our second night. I went to the RV/Motel office at 10 AM with my two sleepy young children. There was no one in the office but a note saying that the owners were on the property. While returning to the RV a lady who was cleaning one of the motel rooms asked if I needed anything. I told her that we were looking to pay for our previous night and check out. She very rudely told me that checking out early would be a problem but someone would be in the office shortly. I went back to the RV and withing 10 minutes a gentleman knocked on our door and informed me that I could not check out early because it was after the 10:00 check out time and I had already used his electricity. When I informed him that his barking dogs and the road noise kept us up he informed me that his dogs bark no more than 15 minutes at a time which is within Wyoming code. When I informed him about road noise he said that there was nothing he could do about road noise and that RV parks were located on roads. When I told him I was not aware of the 10:00 check out time but was at the office by 10 any way, he told me that every RV park in the valley had a check out time of 10AM. He charged my credit card despite our dissatisfaction.

NOTE: Dog Friendly = Dogs Bark All Night : Hardly Notice Road Noise = Road Noise : Fine Print for No Early Departure = You Will Want to Leave Early :

The owner was argumentative and rude. I would not stay here again and do not reccomend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank wyomingforces
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2010

What is interesting here, is that when something doesn't go your way...the park owner is the problem. Rules and checkin/out policies are set for a reason. Road noise is NOT a factor to our guests and when the wolves/coyotes make noise (this is Wyoming, after all), all animals are restless. This guest arrived after office was closed, notes on the door. Our dogs were inside our residence and quiet. He parked and NEVER once approached the office and rang the doorbell with any concern. His late arrival agitated the neighbors dogs with his children making noise on the playground but as you can tell from the post, the assumption was the dogs belonged to the owners. Our pets do not bark needlessly and NO ONE ELSE made any statement as to road noise or dogs barking. Office hours are clearly posted and even then, customers ring the doorbell and have their issues addressed. We have many satisfied RV'ers and motel guests and will despite posts like this. If anyone has any concerns about this review or our cancellation/early checkout policy, please call.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

We were able to get a RV site at this location quite by accident. The stay turned out to be wonderful. It is the closest location to the entrance on the east side of the Yellowstone Park. We would recommend this Inn and RV Part to a friend or anyone else.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We stayed 3 days and had a good experience. Rooms where very clean, it was quite and we enjoyed our stay. The on site laundry was nice. There were several eating establishments that were near by and they were good. We like the fact that is was out of town and very peaceful. We drove back and forth to Yellowstone it was a short drive but very beautiful. They were very reasonable in their prices. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple