“Moose was fine” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Wilson B&B and Inns
Atlanta
“Moose was fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2006

I booked Sassy Moose after finding it on the internet and then called in July. Booked 3 nights in September. I booked it for the look and the value based on other B&B's for this area. 2 weeks before we were to leave, I found the posts on Trip Advisor saying bad experiences. I was concerned and called the inn. He explained about some renovations but assured me everything would be fine. I had some doubts but it was too late to change our plans so we went. I found the Inn to be very satisfactory compared to other B&B's I have stayed at over the years. Nice place, everything clean, Craig was friendly and showed us all the changes they have been making moving the hot tub outside and building a spa inside. We looked at all the rooms and they were very nice. They have a great black lab that is so friendly. Great location - everyone staying at the inn was having a good time. Food was good. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Nice home atmosphere
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DDLWPL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2006

We stayed here the night before the previous poster did. I had made arrangements for two nights months earlier, but when we arrived the owner, Craig, said that there was a problem. He had accidently booked our room to someone else the second night that was renting several rooms. We asked who booked first, and of course he said the other people. We were really upset that he did not have the courtesy to notify us at any time before we arrived so we could of made other arrangements. He did offer to call a few places but they either had no vacancies or were twice the cost. We did settle on getting a $30 discount on our room for the night and then stayed at a VERY nice resort the second night at a reduced cost. Food was so-so and the condition overall was not as nice as it should of been.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank Karen L
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2006

Do not make reservation at the Sassy "Messy" Moose B & B !!!!! I reserved the entire B & B for a group of 5 couples for 3 nights. When we drove up the front porch was a mess, a bay window had not been completed, dirt and building materials were piled up in yard. And you could tell it had been like that for a long time. After going inside, there was an old dirty extension cord across the hallway and a blanket over an uncompleted room. There is no hot tub like you see in the picture on the website. It appears to be out in the country but it is right on a main highway. Then I discovered there was another couple there after I had told him in several conversations we wanted to rent the entire inn. The owner, Craig arrived. He is very rude, arrogant and dirty. This is not a B & B and its really not ready for guest. He even asked a person in my party to put wet towels in the dryer ! He has a lady who comes and makes breakfast. She brings her 4 year old son with her who lays around and eats on the floor. The food was ok but not anything special. The furnishings were ok. This is not a B & B I would recommend to anyone ! I was very dissappointed in the whole experience. He did take off 10% of the bill because we complainted about the condition of the house. My advise: Do not stay at the Sassy Moose B & B - the website is false advertising ! If you want to email me @ rnvsutherland@earthlink.net I have real pictures of the house. Jackson, Wyoming was a great place to visit and made up for the bad accommodations.

4 Thank vicstertn
wyoming
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2006

This was the worst B&B that we have ever stayed at. The house was unkept and dirty. No one came to clean your room or make our bed while we were out. The towels were the same and never got changed. The house was cold and you could only get a hot breakfast if you showed up at 8:00 am. The house was very dirty and need cleaned. The hot tub that is advertised is no longer there. They were cutting it up and removing it. The fireplaces that are shown in the advertisement must be for looks only because there is no wood or kindling. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank GCK
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2006

We arrived at 3:30 pm and no one was there . Finally we located the owner ( via cell phone ) and he instructed us to go in to our rooms . Said he would be there later that day ( this never happened as he was busy with his landscaping business ) . He lives next door and did come by the next morning ( our first site of him ) to sit around to watch and chat while we had a breakfast of canned peaches baked in a pan of scrambled eggs ( both mornings of our stay ) . Owner is not at all interested in any kind of hospitality toward guests and can be rather blunt and unpleasant . Upon departure he wanted us to pay even though our credit card card had been charged for this when we booked one month in advance . Fortunately we brought the paper work with us as verification ; otherwise I fear there would have been much wailing , moaning and consternation , etc . Avoid this place .

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2006

The Sassy Moose was much to over priced for what we got. I expected a warm and cozy bed and breakfast, instead we got a cold inn, where the management is barely around, there was no tub in our room, and the photos on the site misrepresent the quality of the room which was messy and strangely put together with the sink and mirror in the main room. The hot tub room was disgusting. Mold everywhere, and the breakfast is served only at 8am and there is no custom ordering. The room cost 179 a night, and we thought our days in room for 40 bucks was nicer then this room. Only thing good about this place was the location. Wilson is a great town near local restaurants and bars and teton village.

• Stayed December 2005
6 Thank asheppard11
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2005

Don't know why the previous reviewer hated the Sassy Moose.Our experience fared better by far. The Innkeepers were friendly and other guests fun to be around. Breakfast may not have been "gourmet", but it was plentiful and served ontime (and even available when we slept in a bit). Price and location were indeed great. Snacks and drinks were freely available night and day. We'll definitely book again when we're in town.

The Ramos'

• Stayed September 2005
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa- A Noble House Resort
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Inn at Jackson Hole
Inn at Jackson Hole
#6 of 7 in Teton Village

Been to Sassy Moose Inn? Share your experiences!