“Poor managment” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Wilson B&B and Inns
Colorado
“Poor managment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2007

The B&B was OK. It has very poor street appeal. No clean towels for the length of stay. There is a lot of junk lying around. Our biggest problem was the lack of attention to detail. My wife and two teenage children were scheduled to stay the week of July 4th. I booked the upstairs room for the first three nights. We had a queen bed and my kids had bunk beds in an adjoining room. I knew we only had this room for three nights and that we would need to move to another room on the 4th. The booking said the second half of the visit we would have a single room with a queen and a single bed. My son would sleep on the floor. I kept asking when and where we would move, since another family moved into the room described. Even on the morning of the 4th, I sat across from Craig and ask about the pending move. Nothing, no plan no details. That day we went to Yellowstone assuming he had solved the booking, since he wasn’t the least bit concerned. We arrived at about 11:00PM only to find our stuff had been taken from our rooms and dumped in a new room. The kids’ things had been dumped into a converted spa room that had two foam pads on the floor. Never in my life have I had a hotel remove my unpacked belongings and dump them in a separate room. We left the next day. Craig was kind enough to refund one of the two forfeited nights, only after I turned down his first offer of a credit for 2 nights on a future stay. Needless to say we will not be back.

• Liked — The B&B had an amazing dog.
  • Disliked — Owners lack of professionalism
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Georgetown, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2007

This was our third stay - six days this time - at the Sassy Moose. Our family booked the whole inn several years ago for the wedding of our son who lives in Wilson. Craig has always made us feel welcomed and has provided us with good accomodations and tasty breakfast. Sassy Moose is very casual and laid back. Our rooms have been comfortable without a lot of frills, which we weren't looking for anyway. The common area provides a place for stimulating conversation with other guests from all over the country. Craig's black lab Cher greets us at the door sometimes and loves to have her tummy rubbed or ears scratched. We rated our stay above average for convenience and friendly atmosphere. The beauty of the Tetons is hard to beat!

• Liked — Convenience and friendly atmosphere and value
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2007

I made a reservation but had to cancel it since I could not make the trip. I was eligible for the full refund, but Craig, the Innkeeper, who promised to refund me right away, never made it happen. I followed up for at least 5 times and waited for over a month for a refund of about $1,000, before I had to ask my credit card company to dispute the charge.

I question their business ethic, and strongly advise you not to mess up your lovely vacation in this place.

• Stayed June 2007
2 Thank Artist88
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Sassy Moose for three nights and had a wonderful stay. Apparantly it was a slow tourist season this winter, because we had the whole place to ourselves, and the owner gave us a free upgraded room.

If you like dogs, a very sweet black lab named Cher lives there and would love you to scratch her belly. The owner cooks up a nice breakfast each morning (who would've thought that cream cheese is so good in scrambled eggs?) and chats with you about the area. He served breakfast extra early for us so we could go look for wildlife in the early morning light. The hot tub outside is great to relax in, especially on a clear night under the stars. The rooms are cozy and romantic, and the fireplace is nice to set the mood. There are great views of the mountains out nearly every window. I could use the owner's laptop to check my email. There is a nice common area with couches, puzzles, books, and socalizing with other guests in the morning.

Please don't pay much attention to the negative reviews posted here because the Sassy Moose is a great place to stay while exploring the Tetons and Jackson area. The owner is finishing up some renovations, so there are some bits and pieces of the bed and breakfast that need that final touch, but so what. Assuming one is not completely snooty, these do not distract one from taking in the beauty of the mountains and the comfort of the accomodations. The Sassy Moose is not a luxury resort with people to wait on you hand and foot, but a great casual place to kick back and relax after a day of hiking, skiing, or shopping. I would definitely stay at the Moose again.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2007

We had a lovely stay at the Sassy Moose Inn. They were doing some remodeling and moving the hot tub to an outside patio so you could view the tetons from the spa. The inn-keeper and his wife both joined us for breakfast in the morning and shared stories with us about Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and helped us make reservations for our daily excersions. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who likes a warm welcome and a comfortable stay, with a great view.

Stayed December 2006
midwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2007

My wife and I just returned from our Jackson Hole getaway vacation. We enjoyed our entire stay, including our time spent in the lodge at the Sassy Moose. As you read reviews from other guests, you will notice a vast difference in opinions. Although there were things we would have liked to be a little different, we still thoroughly enjoyed our experience. You might receive a little more attention to detail at other B & B's, but the Sassy Moose is a great value in an expensive location and a good way to experience JH on a budget. The owner/operator is not Martha Stewart, again this comes down to your expectations, but we enjoyed his knowledge of the area and a willingness to meet our needs during our stay. We enjoyed sitting in the hot tub under the stars, the fireplace in our room, and the very friendly black lab on the property. Craig offered to let us use his vehicle during our stay...again it was no luxury limo...but it got us from A - Z. Yes the coffee could have been a little hotter, the house maybe a little cleaner, a humidifier in the room would have been nice...but for the price and location...it worked great for us.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank fw01
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2006

I booked Sassy Moose after finding it on the internet and then called in July. Booked 3 nights in September. I booked it for the look and the value based on other B&B's for this area. 2 weeks before we were to leave, I found the posts on Trip Advisor saying bad experiences. I was concerned and called the inn. He explained about some renovations but assured me everything would be fine. I had some doubts but it was too late to change our plans so we went. I found the Inn to be very satisfactory compared to other B&B's I have stayed at over the years. Nice place, everything clean, Craig was friendly and showed us all the changes they have been making moving the hot tub outside and building a spa inside. We looked at all the rooms and they were very nice. They have a great black lab that is so friendly. Great location - everyone staying at the inn was having a good time. Food was good. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Nice home atmosphere
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DDLWPL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa- A Noble House Resort
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Inn at Jackson Hole
Inn at Jackson Hole
#6 of 7 in Teton Village

Been to Sassy Moose Inn? Share your experiences!