“a fantastic B & B. had a great time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilson
Wildflower Lodge at Jackson Hole
Ranked #4 of 7 Wilson B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“a fantastic B & B. had a great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

The inn is a big log cabin house, and in a great location. It is not a far drive into the town of Jackson, and just a couple of minutes from one of the entrances to Grand Teton Park. Also, close by is Teton Village and other areas with restaurants. The hosts at the inn are fantastic and quite helpful in planning your day and travels. They are readily available to answer questions. The rooms are great. As far as details, the beds were extremely comfortable, and we didn't hear noises from other rooms. The breakfasts in the mornings were some of the best meals we had in the area during our stay. This includes fresh baked goodies and fantastic fresh fruit (greatly appreciated ). One reviewer complained about breakfast time, at 8:15. That was no problem for us. We even were able to get OJ and coffee for those up at 6 am. And then had time to go out and do a walk or a drive for a couple of hours and then come back for breakfast. One reviewer had some complaints, which we disagree with. We have stayed at numerous B & B 's in the US and other countries over the years, and almost all of them have a set time for breakfast. As far as the complaint about not doing laundry, I am surprised, as I would never ask or expect a B&B to provide that service. As far as not being able to go into the kitchen, that is also true for most B&B's we have stayed in. The hosts had a fridge we could use for left-overs and were quite willing to microwave it for us. They also had bikes to use, great hike/guide books, trekking poles, day-packs, and bear spray. Also, at 4 pm each day there are home-made baked goods, fresh fruit, and great iced tea or latte. There was even a moose in the back yard. Who could ask for more?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank 76543

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We spent our very first night of our Yellowstone vacation at Ken and Sherrie's...WOW! This was our favorite place on the trip! Ken built their house and Sherrie decorated. You cannot believe the craftsmanship and attention to detail throughout the house and in each room. Each suite is impeccably decorated and the attention to detail will amaze you (like the fresh bouquet of wildflowers in the room and the amazing use of fabrics throught the house). Each room in the house looks like it came out of a magazine (oh, they actually have been featured in magazines!), yet it is so comfortable and inviting. We stayed in the Glacier Lily room, and it was perfect for us. The bed was very comfy and there is a wood stove in the room to take the chill off the cool night air. There is a seperate sitting room attached, which can be closed off if needed. It was perfect for doing some late night work. It would also be perfect if you have 3 or 4 in your party, as the sofa in the sitting room is a pull out bed. The room has a private deck which looks out over the immaculately landscaped yard. Your backdrop is the Teton Mountain range. There are moose, elk and other critters in the area. The home has a small stream with a private island on it. It was incredibly beautiful and serene. The accomodations are immaculate and clean. Breakfast in the morning was scrumptious and homemade, of course. Fantastic! We left with several new ideas for breakfast, but won't be able to top Sherrie's cooking. They are fabulous hosts and so very helpful and the displayed the definition of hospitality. They have received numerous awards and accolades...all well deserved. You will not be disappointed!!! Fabulous accomodations and hosts!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 2013WYVacation
Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is a beautiful place in a convenient location with views of the Grand Tetons off your balcony/porch. The building itself is 20+ years old but is so well maintained it looks like it was constructed yesterday. It is clean, neat as a pin and a professional chef cooks your breakfast. The food was some of the best we've eaten at a bed and breakfast. There are fresh flowers everywhere and Sherrie is a solicitous host whose recommendations on tours and museums were spot on. That's the good news.

Here's the not-so-good news. The place is expensive. And once you book, there are no refunds. This means you have to buy trip insurance if you don't want to risk losing your money. More expense. Sherrie is fastidious, which is why everything is so perfect. She can however be a little -- looking for the right word here -- set in her ways. Breakfast, for instance, is at 8:15. Not 8:16. Not 8:14. If you're not there, you'll get a knock on your door. Don't bother going into the kitchen. That's off limits. So's the microwave. They're not too big on letting you eat in your room either. She said something about regulations or some such. In fairness, she was more than willing to heat up your steak in the microwave for you, whatever the hour. You want ice in your room? She always made sure to put ice in the freezer, ready when you got home. Nice attention to detail.

You want to wash your clothes before heading back after five days at the inn? She can't accommodate you and won't let you wash them, either. She recommended a place in Jackson instead. I know there was no promise made to wash clothes for guests, but after spending this kind of money, it's something she might want to consider. Or at least an outside service that could do the job. All I know is that after spending a great deal of money to stay there, I didn't want to wait in a laundromat washing my clothes all day. A few years back, we spent some time in a b and b in New York City and these folks collected our laundry on the last day, washed them and packed them for us, all without asking. Okay, enough about dirty clothes.

On our first full day, we left early in the morning for a 12-hour Yellowstone tour. She thoughtfully provided snacks and drinks for us. Much appreciated. We returned home 14 hours later, picked up a McDonald's dinner, consumed it at the dining room table, then retired to our room at about 10:30 p.m. My wife sat on the bed and I sat in a chair and we began discussing the day's adventures. There was no shouting. There was no arguing. There was no music. We never turned the television on. We just talked. Were we especially excited? I guess it's possible, but I don't think so. I certainly wasn't raising my voice above a normal speaking voice.

Anyway, at about 11 p.m. there is a light knock at the door and Sherrie tells us we need to keep our voices down. This was a first, in our experience. Chastened, we went to bed. Later, as I thought about it, I became annoyed. I never said anything to her about it but, in retrospect, I think her chiding was unfair. I should have called her on it but I was on vacation and didn't want to make a fuss over a simple annoyance. So I'm making the fuss now.

I'm mentioning all this because it's precisely the kind of thing I'd want to know in advance from others who stayed at the lovely Wildflower Inn. Places are seldom perfect, and this one is no exception. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. The people were friendly. The room was clean. The food was good.

Just don't be late for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank spypoint
jhwildflowerinn, Owner at Wildflower Lodge at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Hi, I want to apologize. I should have spoken to you the next morning after I knocked on your door. I had another guest ask that I ask you to be a bit quieter. You were not being rude or unthoughtful, some voices just carry more than others.

It is expensive to stay at the Wildflower Inn...we understand that and work very hard to make our guests feel that they are receiving value for the money spent. With only 5 guest rooms, we suggest Travel Insurance from a the carrier of their choice (we can not offer it, we are too small.) because we can not absorb the situations that might arise if you would have to cancel. If you were to have to cancel, we do our best to rerent your room and when we can, we refund all of your deposits.

Breakfast is served family style at one seating, but we also pack breakfasts to go...as we did for you when you went to Yellowstone and also for anyone wishing to sleep in...after all, it is your vacation! Breakfast is fun with the other guests but everyone has personal tastes and we do try to accommodate them. However, our chefs all have 2nd jobs and need to be finished at a certain time. The Health Department does not allow guests to use or enter the kitchen. Health regulations. Although we are small, we have to conform to restaurant standards.

Laundry....Ken wishes he could do his laundry more often also! We wash all of the linens for the inn ..so with 10-15 loads of laundry a day, we have exhausted the day for the most part. We do suggest a nearby service (expensive) or a Laundromat in Jackson. I wish I could offer this service but there is just not enough time in the day.

I hope that I did not spoil your vacation in any way...and all of the items you mentioned have come up occasionally in the past. I just have not figured out how to solve them but will work on it. And I certainly welcome your comments. You covered it very well.

I really care about each and every guest experience, but I can certainly learn also. I hope to see you both back again soon. Sherrie
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is long overdue. We were there last fall. It's now summer and that we've not returned is a sign that it's not only this review that's overdue, but also is our return. Sherrie is an amazing host and within minutes after arriving, it's as if this beautiful mountain home is your home. From the welcome refreshments to assisting us with planning our days in the park, I cannot say enough about the experience. I had this crazy idea for my wife and I (we're 55+) to hike up into the mountains and Sherrie outfitted us with walking poles and bear spray and suggested a great day hike into Cascade Canyon. No, we didn't see any bears, but the scenery was everything we'd hoped for and was a highlight of our trip. We've never even considered this hike if it wasn't for Sherrie and Ken. We absolutely loved our stay and would encourage anyone who is looking for something out of the ordinary to consider the Wildflower Inn. The location is central to everything - a few minutes from Jackson and a few minutes from the Park.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
jhwildflowerinn, Owner at Wildflower Lodge at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
I want to thank everyone for the wonderful reviews. We love helping people enjoy Jackson Hole and all that the area has to offer. It is just so much fun seeing guests discover and enjoy this beautiful place we live in. And I want to thank our great staff for helping us to help you. We hope to see you back at the Wildflower Inn soon....there is much more to see and do! Sherrie and Ken
Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had not seen any pictures and I came in with little expectations. From the moment we drove up until the moment we said our good byes my mind was blown by the generous hospitality of the hosts and workers and the incredible breath taking beauty of it all. I absolutely loved breakfast and the freshness of all of the hearty warm cuisine. The snacks were just right with amazing refreshing afternoon unique drinks. I would stay again and again. A real treat! What are you waiting for? Book your stay! The best decision you'll make.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed in the Wildflower for four nights on our recent trip to Jackson Hole. We had five in our party and every single person was thoroughly delighted with our stay there. Sherrie was so great and really helpful with suggestions regarding our itinerary. The breakfasts were something to truly look forward to every day. Amy (chef) did an amazing job - And in the afternoon a refreshing snack and drink was awaiting us. The rooms and all the amenities, including the grounds, were beautiful! The rooms were large, the beds were very comfortable, and the log home was the perfect setting for the great view of the Tetons right outside of our window. One day we spotted some beautiful deer (around 7) slowly grazing the property near the stream. One of my favorite things about the Wildflower was the large yet cozy living area and the glassed in back porch that both served as a common area for guests. My family was able to truly relax together in this setting. This was our first trip to Jackson Hole and the Wildflower is a strong reason I would go back. I would book a room at the Wildflower again in a heartbeat if and when I get the privilege to visit Jackson Hole again. The beautiful (and very clean) log home was constantly filled with the amazing smells of home cooked food and every detail was looked after. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else! So if you're trying to decide.... Don't look anywhere else... Sherrie will leave the light on for you - and you won't be sorry!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

This has been our 4th time back to the Wildflower Inn, on all occasions staying for at least a couple of weeks for a skiing holiday. Every single time we have been blown away with how helpful and accommodating Ken and Sherry are. From the second you walk into the welcoming foyer, you feel as if you are at home. The rooms are all beautiful, with very comfortable beds, a cosy atmosphere and (very) clean! Breakfast here is something I look forward to months in advance - your own private chef cooks you breakfast every morning to your specification. I have never written a review, but I felt compelled to - I honestly can't stay a bad word about this place. Location is perfect - quiet, yet close to everything. Do yourself a favour and stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Malisa H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa- A Noble House Resort
Huff House Inn and Cabins
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Bentwood Inn Jackson Hole

Been to Wildflower Lodge at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!