When you stay at Lucky Farm, you need to adjust your expectations. Don't expect a three star hotel experience. What you'll get is a comfortable, unique and interesting place to stay. My husband and I stayed in the Coffee Barn for two nights. We arrived in the evening, and after making a run at the steep driveway, entered our accommodations. I'll admit that we thought it was a bit like a shack, particularly in the dark. However, the accommodations were very clean. Yes, the shower is outdoors, but is covered up, so no concerns about peepers. The Barn has large screens instead of glass windows. In the morning, you wake up and you feel like you're in a secluded jungle somewhere, with the towering plants around you.
There was some noise from the nearby main road, as well as what appeared to be a rodent scratching at the roof, but earplugs are thoughtfully provided. The breakfast is delicious, with a fresh fruit plate and cooked items such as a banana torte or frittata. Johnsie, the inkeeper, also makes very tasty starfruit and passionfruit jams. We were also given free rein to pick whatever fruit that we wanted on the farm, so we took away some avocadoes, starfruit, and oranges. Overall, a very good experience.
Note that there is wireless internet, but you have to be in or near the main house to access it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a working Kona Coffee Farm! Enjoy a full cooked breakfast accompanied by fresh fruits from the farm. Try the macadamia nuts right out of the back yard. Snorkel, scuba dive, kayak, or hike at the nearby beaches. Beach equipment, guest kitchen. Free Wi-fi internet access. The Coffee Barn now has an in-room fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Hotel Captain Cook
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Bed And Breakfast
- Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B Hawaii/Captain Cook