My family and I stayed her in August 2010. We had two rooms, the "coffee barn" and one of the garden rooms. We had a great time and it was a great base for seeing the area sights. This place is not for you if you're looking for a resort or a manicured hotel experience. It is rustic - the rooms are simple - and you are in the jungle. There are many beautiful trees and flowering plants all around you - the rooms are nestled among them - and that means that bugs love to live there too. Mosquitos and ants were around, so be prepared to deal with them. The coffee barn was very cool - you are inside - but barely - the room is part walls and part mesh so you really feel like you're in the jungle. The rooms are clean, the bedding clean, all very basic. The common kitchen is convenient mainly for the fridge where you can keep a few items. Best of all are the very sweet and charming inn keepers - a couple - who put a lot of effort into making guests happy and comfortable. They make a very good breakfast every morning, something fresh baked and lots of delicious fresh picked fruit and juice. They also had tips for great spots to visit. On our last morning our kids were delighted with a tour of the bee hive and got to taste the best bee pollen in the world and then enjoy having a song about a frog sung to them on guitar. It was great and we all appreciated the special experience. I recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a working Kona Coffee Farm! Enjoy a full cooked breakfast accompanied by fresh fruits from the farm. Try the macadamia nuts right out of the back yard. Snorkel, scuba dive, kayak, or hike at the nearby beaches. Beach equipment, guest kitchen. Free Wi-fi internet access. The Coffee Barn now has an in-room fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Hotel Captain Cook
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Bed And Breakfast
- Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B Hawaii/Captain Cook