Although facilities are limited, this hotel is scrupulously clean and the bedroom and bathroom are of a generous size. We were on the third floor with a nice balcony and sea views. Staff at the front desk were extremely pleasant and helpful.
Sadly, the renowned restaurant was closed for refurbishment during our visit so we couldn't sample the famous pork chops and we can't review it!
This is a great place to stay for a couple of days. It is a good location for exploring the southern Kona area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manago Hotel is located in Captain Cook Town on the slopes of Mauna Loa at an elevation of 1,350 ft. It overlooks the beautiful Kealakekua Bay, and the ancient Hawaiian Place of Refuge in Honaunau. This is an ideal location with cool, quiet nights and sunny days, where travelers can relax and sleep comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Manago Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manago Hotel Captain Cook
- Manago Captain Cook
- Manago Hotel Hawaii/Captain Cook