“Amazing”

Paleaku Gardens Peace Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a non profit 501 3(c) educational and cultural facility set within a 7 acre Botanical Garden. We recently added a lovely gift shop and free coffee tasting. We offer self guided tours with an affordable admission and discounts for seniors, military and Kama'aina. Gently slopping land,mature shade trees, and expansive views from Kealakekua Bay to Place of Refuge allow one to wander through beautiful tropical displays and manicured foliage.Unique statuary, petroglyphs and the worlds only Galaxy Garden done in rare hibiscus provide great photo opts!
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

A must! This place is just so amazing. The grounds and flowers are so beautiful and the views are not to be missed. One of the high point of this visit.

There are newer reviews for Paleaku Gardens Peace Sanctuary

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We go to the Paleaku Peace Gardens each time we are in Kona. There are beautiful trees and flowers, and the Galaxy Garden has some of the most beautiful hibiscus you will ever see.
There is a nominal fee to get in, and you will often be the only folks there, so it is peaceful.
You can sit on a park bench and watch the beauty of Kealakekua Bay and see the Place of Refuge from there, too.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

If you have limited time on the Island of Hawaii, this is definitely worth a visit as it has to be one of the finest botanical displays on earth.
Try to avoid any cellular phone users who are bellowing their news to relatives on the mainland; the idea of a peaceful setting seems to be lost on some people.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I first learned of Paleaku Peace Gardens when I met Barbara DeFranco, visionary and founder, several years ago. She described to me a garden dedicated to peace, harmony, and many of the world's religions. I couldn't picture it, but she clearly had a vision and always seemed on the look out for plants and objects that might find a home in the gardens. Although I'd driven past Paleaku several times, I never stopped to visit the grounds. Several months ago, I was invited to a yoga class being held at Paleaku. The path from the entry to the yoga area, is quite impressive. In addition to the 7 acres of botanical gardens, you will see water features, birds, Tibetan sand paintings, the world's first galaxy garden, a labyrinth, and much, much more. Paleaku is just a hop and skip from the Painted Church and the “City of Refuge”. Pack a picnic and spend the day in the area. The gardens are open Tuesday through Saturday from 9 to 4. If you're a yoga person, I highly recommend Hooda's Tuesday and Thursday classes.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We happened upon these gardens on the way back from the painted church. This is worth a visit if you're into flora. There are several gardens each devoted to peace as preached by various religious groups. The setting is peaceful and relatively flat. A lot of color in these gardens and an occasional gecko on the flowers. We really enjoyed the visit offered at a nominal entry fee. Some of my best vacation pictures were taken in the galaxy gardens.