“Family run restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
“Family run restaurant”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Japanese breakfast is my favorite, includes fish.
Everything is homemade and locally sourced. The owners are very attentive and really good cooks. A great place for a quick bite while you're on the way around the island!

• Visited March 2014

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Excellent Local Style Restaurant for Breakfast!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had breakfast with my friends who had eaten here before and highly recommended this wonderful café to me. Service was excellent and food was fresh and delicious!! The walls were filled with beautiful woven artistry of Hawaiian cultural aspects plus others of good-feeling sayings (Live Your Dream, etc.) Prices were so reasonable here and our server was courteous and friendly and very pleasant. Every item on the menu is awesome, so I recommend it all!! There is a senior priced breakfast too! I would go again to try lunch and dinner too in the future. The eggs and Portuguese sausage were cooked just right and Kona coffee was great. Very clean restaurant with great atmosphere! Glad I got a malasada since they sold out fast!

• Visited April 2014
Babbitt, Minnesota
“Great malasadas”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stopped just for coffee and a treat. The malasadas were warm and delicious. We were told by our waitress all the baked items were family recipes and all made on site.

• Visited March 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Don't miss this place if you are on the big island of Hawaii.”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stopped in at this cafe as my wife would not let me stop at McDonalds on our way to the painted church. I am very very glad we found this place as the food was so good, we went back the next day for lunch again. The lady that owns the restaurant does the cooking and baking and the food was excellent, very good portions and she even gave us free malsadas both days. It will be your loss if you go past this cafe and don't stop in, we are sure glad we did and will be going back for more next year as we already have our condo booked again.

• Visited February 2014
Scotland
“Perfect”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A little gem of a place, the coffee was superb, and as for the cinnamon rolls and the apple strudel pie...oh my goodness, this was proper baking, and so lovely we went back to order more. The lady who runs the place is a delightful person, as are the girls helping out. The menu looked fab.
Spotlessly clean, I'm looking forward to eating there again next year.

• Visited February 2014