“Good local food with a great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of GUY'S GRINDS - CLOSED

GUY'S GRINDS
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Portland, Oregon
“Good local food with a great view”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hole-in-the wall place is frequented by locals and snowbirders. It's nothing fancy, but the service is friendly and the food is great. There's quite a range of options, so you never know what you'll find. Their menu has standard Hawaiian plate lunch fare (like slow-cooked pork with mac salad and rice). When someone has caught some fresh fish, their dinner specials are out of this world. If there's fresh fish or a daily special, I recommend getting that!

I recommend coming on a night where there's live music;Seat yourself outdoors at the picnic tables; buy a beer or bottle of wine at the attached Ohana Warehouse store; and settle in to watch the sunset.

If you're looking for something fancy or a pre-packaged tourist experience, you will be dissapointed. But if you want some good food, from good people, and a view of the sunset, take a chance on this place!

It is also called the Wailapa Grill.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Erin W

London, United Kingdom
“Live Music on Friday”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We had a nice meal down at Guys Grinds on the Friday night, the band was amazing and added a lovely vibe while dining outside.
- Try the Banana Split! Yum

Visited April 2013
Colchester, Vermont
“Okay for an inexpensive meal”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stopped on a Friday night and enjoyed the live band. The food was nothing really special, but it was okay for a roadside stand. Drinks were available for purchase at the store next door (part of the same building).

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Dave327
Kingsford
“great find”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

we stopped here while we were out exploring the island one day and how nice. This place is small right on the main road with fantastick food and great service. I did not know what to order and the lady reccommended the korean chicken so that is what I went with and my husband ordered a teriakki chicken sandwich fabulouse. We both enjoyed are lunch we split our meals between us and both were so good. We went inside the little store and bought drinks for our meal and some baked goods to take back to our condo later. Really good food here and friendly service.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank dianem163
Florida Keys, Florida
“BAD EXPERIENCE NEVER AGAIN!”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I ordered food to go when I got there it was not ready
then it was cold and there was a cockroach in my meal.
Go at your own risk. When I complained Guy the owner
went off on me, it was scary, I think he needs the health
department and a attitude adjustment.

• Visited July 2012