“Good coffee”
Review of Coffee and Epicurea - CLOSED

Coffee and Epicurea
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went here a few times while we were staying in Captain Cook and the coffee was really good every single time. I wanted to sample the pastries because I had read they were famous for them but i never saw any in the counter. Not one. Sad. They were remodeling and were offering a breakfast menu but we had already eaten and didn't try it. Nice people. I hope the remodeling went well.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We have loved this place for years. They had the best pastries on the island. We recently stopped to get pastries and discovered the shelves were bare and the place was filthy. The energetic young man who greeted us lied and said the baker had the day off. I later learned that the baker who made all the great pastries hasn't worked there for a long time. Don't waste your time here. It's sad that they screwed it up so bad.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've been here many times. Most times it has been a complete bust. No food to be found. Occasionally you can get something but not often. I used to love their lillkoi cheesecake. I bought one for Christmas this year which I pre-ordered and it has changed completely. Gone is the Mac-nut crust, which was the best part. I will not buy another. The shelves where bare and the only thing they had was coffee which had a huge wait with only one, very slow person working. The place was filthy, garbage all over the outside and bathrooms were horrible and dirty. There was stuff all over the place, wood working materials and all kinds of well, just stuff. I'm so done with this place. What a shame because they really had a nice thing going for a while. This place will not last. RIP

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great espresso (Husband) and fabulous latte (me) as well as a scrumptious strawberry scone. The atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and just easy as can be after a long drive from the Volcano Park.

All that said, we want to ABSOLUTELY applaud Dustin. Not only was he a great barista, but he was a splendid font of information about the area. This young man was a delight. His enthusiasm for Hawaii was contagious--and we were already darned excited to be on the island. He recommended a small place for lunch Da Poke Shack a few miles down the road.

I'm sorry other people did not have a good experience at this little cafe. If we had time, we would have gone back again.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Totally dissapointed, as this place came highly recommended. The pastries were below average, coffee was weak, worst cup I ever had and the facility was totally dirty feeling. Not to mention it was over priced. Save your money, honestly McDonalds is five times better...sad to say.