It's really difficult to find anything bad to say about this place. We stayed for four nights in the downstairs suite with private bath. The setting, the location, the furnishings, the hospitality are all first rate. We loved the outdoor lava walled shower, the hot tub and the breakfasts! The view (when not vogged in) is incredible and the location is great for hitting the beaches up north or the volcano to the east. There are also plenty of good restaurants along that stretch of the highway. Michael and Greg are gracious and friendly hosts. Our time here was much more enjoyable than the big hotel complexes and cheaper too! I already miss sitting on the peaceful lanai looking out at the bay. We will definitely return to Ka'awa Loa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated, plantation-style B&B ideally located directly above Kealakekua Bay. Offers luxury amenities such as an outdoor hot tub, a traditional Hawaiian cedar steam, outdoor lava rock showers, a wrap-around lanai with a Hawaiian daybed, a fireplace, and an unobstructed view of the South Kona coastline! The perfect place to base your Big Island adventures! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Ka'awa Loa Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Awa Loa Plantation Hotel Captain Cook
- Ka'Awa Loa Plantation Hawaii/Captain Cook