This was our first experience with a B & B on the big island of Hawaii, as we have always stayed in a hotel when we visited the island. Since one of our daughters lives in Kealakekua, we wanted to stay in a place that was close by. My husband and I were traveling with another daughter and her two children, ages 11 and 14. I was dubious about staying in a B & B because I like privacy, and I wasn't sure if the children would have enough to do. Needless to say, the kids had a great time and were never bored.
Greg and Michael were such gracious hosts. The Plantation reminded me of a southern mansion complete with a big porch overlooking the bay that included big rocking chairs. It was a wonderfully relaxing experience eating our breakfast in the morning on the porch.
The breakfasts were delicious and well planned each day. There was enough to eat for even our pickiest eater! Different menus were prepared each day, and we looked forward to each morning to see what was on the menu. The turkey bacon was to die for, the scrambeled eggs with spinach and cherry tomatoes was delicious (I'm not an egg eater) and the blueberry pancakes were as light as a feather. The breakfasts also included a variety of fresh locally grown fruit, juice, smoothies, breads, muffins, some kind of meat - something for everyone!!
The kids and I all agreed we will definately return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated, plantation-style B&B ideally located directly above Kealakekua Bay. Offers luxury amenities such as an outdoor hot tub, a traditional Hawaiian cedar steam, outdoor lava rock showers, a wrap-around lanai with a Hawaiian daybed, a fireplace, and an unobstructed view of the South Kona coastline! The perfect place to base your Big Island adventures! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Ka'awa Loa Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Awa Loa Plantation Hotel Captain Cook
- Ka'Awa Loa Plantation Hawaii/Captain Cook