The Ka'awa Loa Plantation is perfect! I want to be selfish and keep it a secret but that wouldn't be fair to the amazing hosts, Greg and Michael. :) We stayed here 3 nights at the end of our trip to Hawai'i and wished we stayed a full week. The house itself is situated up a hill (steep driveway!) with breakthtaking views of the bay and beautiful property. Michael grows his own fruit and coffee on the grounds, which he serves at breakfast.
We arrived to fresh baked brownies, fresh fruit and coffee at 6:00pm. The house is large and beautifully decorated. We stayed in an upstairs room with private 1/2 bath. The main bath in hallway was great with full shower, tub and amenities. In addition, there are two lava rock showers outside on property.
Breakfast is awesome! A full buffet of fresh fruit, coffee, juice, cereal, toast, bacon/turkey bacon, sausage, banana pancakes, eggs, etc (Michael cooks something different every morning) You can choose to sit outside on porch to enjoy breakfast or sit at the kitchen table and chat with Michael. Hes a very friendly and passionate person.
Captain Cook is a great location, south of the busy Kona area but near lots of restaurants and a short drive to beach/bay.
Michael and Greg pay close attention to the small details. ie) Fresh flowers in each room, robes, variety of breakfast items to choose from, snorkel equipment, beach towels, bathroom amenities as needed, local attraction recommendations/suggestions, etc etc etc
We loved this property and would stay again next trip! There are multiple rooms to choose from and a suite with kitchen on main floor. Michael and Greg live up the hill and encourages everyone to 'make themselves at home' with full use of kitchen and living areas so you never have to 'tip-toe' around someone elses house. Fabulous, comfortable, warm, clean beautiful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated, plantation-style B&B ideally located directly above Kealakekua Bay. Offers luxury amenities such as an outdoor hot tub, a traditional Hawaiian cedar steam, outdoor lava rock showers, a wrap-around lanai with a Hawaiian daybed, a fireplace, and an unobstructed view of the South Kona coastline! The perfect place to base your Big Island adventures! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Ka'awa Loa Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Awa Loa Plantation Hotel Captain Cook
- Ka'Awa Loa Plantation Hawaii/Captain Cook