It's been a while since I visited (May 2011...I can't go back that far) but I wasn't on TripAdvisor at the time...and I MUST sing praises to Michael and Greg for the most wonderful experience on any of the islands. My favorite island is actually Kauai - but my favorite place in Hawaii is Ka'awa Loa Plantation. I absolutely adore Michael and Greg, they were such sweet hosts and really made the Plantation the incredible oasis that it is.
The view...the rooms...the lanai...the fresh produce...I loved every single minute of my stay at Ka'awa Loa. Sitting and relaxing on the daybed, taking a brisk shower outside in paradise, and the spectacular food made it really hard to leave the Big Island. Thank you to Michael and Greg for one of my all-time favorite memories.
I won't consider staying anywhere else on the Big Island whenever I return, because my stay was so wonderful that I cannot think of a reason not to go back! Also, I gave them an excellent rating on "fitness center" because I really got carried away with wanting to share how great this place is. Extra excellent rating for the outdoor lava rock showers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated, plantation-style B&B ideally located directly above Kealakekua Bay. Offers luxury amenities such as an outdoor hot tub, a traditional Hawaiian cedar steam, outdoor lava rock showers, a wrap-around lanai with a Hawaiian daybed, a fireplace, and an unobstructed view of the South Kona coastline! The perfect place to base your Big Island adventures! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Ka'awa Loa Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Awa Loa Plantation Hotel Captain Cook
- Ka'Awa Loa Plantation Hawaii/Captain Cook