The owners Greg and Michael are very helpful and put alot of effort into making everyone feel comfortable and at home. Their customer service is really the selling point for this B&B - if you need something - just ask them and off they go ('Easy Beans!' says Michael..) to assist you.
This is a very relaxed B&B where you have free access to the kitchen and other communal spaces. The coastal view from the property is spectactular and I enjoyed eating breakfast outside every morning. We rented the suite which was very large and had seperate baths (big) and shower - it may sound funny but even the view from the bathroom was beautiful.
If you are someone who enjoys being with other people (the owners, other guests) and you don't mind a little less privacy (you can hear people talking and walking around) then you will really enjoy this lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated, plantation-style B&B ideally located directly above Kealakekua Bay. Offers luxury amenities such as an outdoor hot tub, a traditional Hawaiian cedar steam, outdoor lava rock showers, a wrap-around lanai with a Hawaiian daybed, a fireplace, and an unobstructed view of the South Kona coastline! The perfect place to base your Big Island adventures! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Ka'awa Loa Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Awa Loa Plantation Hotel Captain Cook
- Ka'Awa Loa Plantation Hawaii/Captain Cook