“I found paradise!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Captain Cook
Kealakekua Bay Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 15 Captain Cook B&B and Inns
California
“I found paradise!”
Reviewed 19 March 2010

The views and surroundings were breathtaking and the facilities top notch. The innkeeper went above and beyond in helping make sure that we had the best vacation possible. From snorkeling to fine dining (both at local fare and in-house gourmet foods), Kealakekua Bay B&B is an ideal setting if you want to stay outside of the congested Kailua-Kona area, yet want to be close enough to visit. Family friendly, yet relaxing and quiet for the folks without kids. 5-Star all the way!!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sacramento Ca.
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I wanted a really special place to stay on my 50th birthday and fortuitously decided on the Kealakekua Bay Bed and Breakfast. The sunsets(and really ANY time of the day) on the Lanai were beautiful and I don't know if I've ever had as delicious a breakfast/view combination. Our hostess Emily would tell/consult with us the night before what we'd be having for breakfast and our mouths watered the whole time until we finally got to dig in to her pancakes or quiche or her amazing scones always served with some delicious juice and excellent Kona coffee.

The B&B is very close to many really great historical and athletic spots. We spent hours at the "City of Refuge" and the painted church(the sounds of the birds up the path behind the Church were mesmerizing) on my birthday and kayaked across the bay(go the day before and "reserve" a kayak with one of the locals just down the hill from the B&B for the next day) to snorkel at the Captain Cook monument(Really, a spectacular adventure).

We stayed in the Ali'i suite but anywhere on the property is delightful. Really, it was just hard to leave the grounds of the B&B and we couldn't wait to get back when we did venture away...

Many thanks to the owners of the B&B for allowing us to enjoy their property and to our MOST gracious host Emily for making my birthday a truly fun and memorable one. Emily also had a wonderful massage therapist come and give us outdoor massages one evening. Just Wow.

Jay Spooner (Click on "portfolio" at istock.com/ejs9 to see more of my pictures)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
La Selva Beach, CA
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I have been going to the Big Island for almost 40 years and remember when it was much simpler and more relaxed...Kealakekua Bay Bed and Breakfast recaptures that old feeling.

Also, being adjacent to the best snorkeling spot on the Big Island is another plus.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
eureka,ca
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I've experienced Kealakekua Bay Bed and Breakfast for the past 10 years, it always seems to call me back! The place is so peaceful, beautiful, and serene. Quiet, close walk to the waters edge,and a good location to be central located to may out of the way sites. Snorkeling is like being in another world! Incredible grounds, beautiful rooms, great breakfast, clean,clean,clean. The sound of the birds waking up in the morning is a song.Eco friendly, lots to see close by, and wonderous Hostess "Emily". I'm looking forward to my next trip in April. It is the big island's best kept secret!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 6 October 2009

The B&B is wonderful. It's in a nice neighborhood a short distance from a nice little beach that with great snorkeling. Emily can point you in the direction of some nice places to go so that your not stuck in "tourist-y" places. One word of advice--bring a little rain jacket. There are marvelous micro-climates all over the island and you will like to have one with you.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Truly a hidden gem, in an ideal location, this house is just a few steps from the beach. I loved the sunset views from the point and hearing the waves crash on the beach. I've stayed in a couple of different rooms, and found them all to be spacious, immaculate, and relaxing. The living areas and porch(es) are comfortable and welcoming, great for snuggling up with a book or catching the sunset. I would recommend this over any hotel I've stayed in on the "big Island", it offers a much more intimate and authentic side of Hawaii.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Geneva Switzerland
Reviewed 9 September 2007

The Kealakekua Bay Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful building located a short walk from the bay, with an exceptional ocean view. The accommodations were quite comfortable and clean, and the hosts were very pleasant and helpful. My brother stayed there also a year ago and had an enjoyable stay. The price of the rooms is a bit higher than other accommodations in Kona, but I think there was good value. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Captain Cook
Ka'awa Loa Plantation
Ka'awa Loa Plantation
#1 of 15 in Captain Cook
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay

Been to Kealakekua Bay Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!