other travellers have booked this property
First Floor Unit of Idyllic Retreat in Honaunau
Gate Code Pole is circled in black before the gates; proper parking is displayed inside the gates Redesigned Pool Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Redesigned Pool Area
One acre of Hawaii's splendor
Kona coffee farm and exotics
Private entrance into living room
Living room with Queen size sofa bed leading into dining area and kitchen
Living room with TV, wi-fi, desk area and pool view
Indoor or outdoor covered dining areas
Large bedroom furnished with King size bed
Just another day in Paradise at Rhonda's
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

maryalice...
Iowa City, Iowa
“Could Have Been Better!”
Reviewed 25 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

We have mixed reviews for this downstairs unit. Most likely because we got off to a bad start with abrupt email conversations with Rhonda prior to our arrival. It left us feeling uncomfortable around her and felt that she was not very welcoming, Our apprehensions were reinforced when we arrived and she spent most of the time complaining about her upcoming and current renters, with nothing positive to say about them.

Nonetheless, the house is in a very nice location if you want to enjoy the southern beaches Ho'kena, Honaunau - Two Steps, and KBay. It is very close to the main Highway 11, Less than one minute from the main road so you DO hear all the road noise..

Pros:
The downstairs unit was very large and easily accommodated the two of us. Kitchen was very well-equipped with everything that you need to cook meals. It was also nice to have a plentiful supply of bathroom towels and beach towels along with a washer and dryer to use (for use only with a minimum four night stay). The house is very clean and the bed comfortable.

Cons:
Although the pool was lovely to lounge next to, it is not heated and is colder than the ocean. Being in the downstairs unit, you can hear EVERY footstep and conversation above you including each time the water turns on along with the very early departures and late arrivals of the guests upstairs. You can hear car sounds from the highway next-door. We also found her directions that were left upon departure rather abrupt stating "I have not added an additional cleaning charge so I am requesting my guests to clean up after yourselves and leave the apartment as good or better condition than you found it. Such as, you received the apartment with the kitchen sink clean and all the dishes cleaned and put away. Therefore, please respect the same by properly washing your dishes without leaving me a sink of dishes to wash, dry and replace." Of course, we always leave the place we are staying in good condition but we were surprised that the price of rent did not include the standard cleaning of the house and that you are expected to do so upon your departure and “leave it in good or better condition than you found it”.

Date of stay: February 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
26 Mar 2017
I agree this was a difficult couple to host. From the onset they were attempting to book through two different platforms with separate names and different dates. They were already visiting on island prior to their reservation and kept insisting that they be allowed to arrive earlier than the stated check-in time. I repeatedly replied I had a check-out that day and needed every moment available to prepare the apartment in the condition I prefer to present my guests with. They chose to arrive earlier than check-in anyway. Thus I had to stop my preparations in order to greet them, repeat my explanation regarding parking is plentiful for all guests IF only one space is used per person. I do request my guests to clean up after themselves, which I do not find too much to expect from any guest regarding washing their own dishes or cleaning up their own spills and messes since it is apparent and stated I have not added additional cleaning fees. I simply ask my guests to clean up after themselves. They had requested to have their friends spend one night. I agreed, even though it is stated in the listing only registered guests are allowed. Their friends were at the home the majority of their stay. I received quite a chuckle to find upon check-out that indeed the sink was not left filled with dirty dishes, only the dirty dishes from the morning of check-out. All the rest had been thrown back in the cupboards wet and needed rewashing and scrubbing anyway. Regarding the noise levels, I have had many guests in this apartment unit, use it myself, and not only is this totally exaggerated, but I was shocked to receive such a review so out of character considering all my previous reviews; along with the fact that this booking wasn't even through this platform. Shame on me for my lack of graciousness regarding the convoluted mess created to even accept their reservation, early arrival, extra guests, and to have expected my guests to simply clean up after themselves regarding kitchen usage. My Bad.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.