“Great vacation relaxer!”
Review of Health In Motion

Health In Motion
Ranked #9 of 17 things to do in Hawi
More attraction details
Owner description: Health In Motion is a family run and operated massage studio based in charming Hawi in North Kohala on the Big island. Lush, green and tropical, this area is refreshing and exotic. Quaint old houses left over from the sugarcane days give the area an “old Hawaii” feel. Breathtaking valleys, steep cliffs, strong ocean breezes and sun showers are all part of what makes this stunning place so enchanting. Come support our local businesses, eat out at one of our restaurants, go on a zipline, ATV tour, or take a hike down Pololu Valley and then come get a therapeutic massage at Health In Motion. A day well spent!This beautiful massage establishment is housed in an old style plantation house right off the main street. The architecture and style is like walking back in time. Escape for a moment in its soothing shades of earthy tans and green, feel the history of the building itself, and simply relax and unwind.So please, come spend a day with us. You can enjoy one of our therapeutic massages designed with your specific needs in mind. Creating the perfect treatment to soothe your tired muscles and relax your mind and spirit.Health In Motion is a fully licensed, onsite, massage studio where our certified massage therapists are trained in various modalities. Pamper yourself or a loved one with one of our luxurious spa treatments.
Anchorage, AK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great vacation relaxer!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Hawi for four nights recently. After a couple of days of hard swimming in rough waters and some decent morning hikes we were ready for some tlc. Fortunately Ambre came to our rescue with a skillful massage that combined some real skill with great intuition. She was just firm enough to get the job done without making us sore the next day. We'll be returning the next time we're in Hawi.

san diego, california
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Perfect massage”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I had been searching on the Internet for a private massage office since I didn't want to go to a spa at an expensive hotel and found Health in Motion. Drove up from Waikoloa which was an easy drive and found the place across the street from Bamboo restaurant.
Bonnie was on time and did a wonderful deep tissue massage to work out my issues. It even lasted a while since I was relaxing in Hawaii!
If I lived on the Big Island, I'd go here regularly but I'll have to wait until I return next year.

Visited February 2013
Kapaau
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Massage”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This is a a sweet family run business,offering quality massage to local residents and visitors. Try it, you'll like it!

Los Angeles, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Nice massage, took away the pain from my sciatica. The massage was a good deal,$110for 90 minutes, much cheaper and better quality than the high priced resorts

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Altaresident
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A WONDERFUL MASSAGE FOR PAIN RELIEF OR RELAXATION”
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Massage has been important to my well being for about 20 years now. It started out as a monthly luxury and is now a necessity for keeping me moving. My husband only gets massage on vacation and I only go to my regular therapist at home.

He had his vacation massage with Ambre at Health In Motion which is a nice calm family run operatoin and reported that his massage was wonderful. When I went in for my massage with her, she was terrific. She is very skilled and knows exactly which areas need work. I am sure she can do a great soothing and relaxing rub but it is hard to find someone who can give you relief from deep seated muscular issues.

For a tourist, Hawi is a little bit out of the way but well worth the visit. We stopped there for my husband's massage on our way to Polulu Lookout which is really worth the drive. The hike down is very steep and the black sandy beach is beautiful. I also enjoyed shopping in Hawi and had a very nice lunch where I met some nice people. We made a second trip out here just for our massages and driving in Hawaii is very scenic.

Visited December 2010