“Delicious!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Hawi
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come to Bamboo for a feeling of the "Real Hawaii". Located in a historic building, we offer lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch, and we invented the Passion Fruit Margarita and Mojito. Browse the gallery for local art and crafts. Come and find the aloha of the islands!
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stopped by the Bamboo restaurant in Hawi, Hawaii on the recommendation of a local. We ordered grilled ono and it was delicious. Their gift shop featured work from local artists and the stafff was very friendly and seemed happy we checked them out. If you are fortunate enough to pass through Hawi, be sure to try the Bamboo!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stopped in Hawi looking for lunch on our sightseeing road trip around the area. Bamboo looked interesting and not too crowded. Lunch was good; service was great. About a quarter of the store was a little gift shop which was fun too. Very eclectic Hawaiian decor. I'd like to know more about the history of the building !

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We liked this place so much we returned. The first time, I was doing a practice ride for the Ironman and my partner picked up lunch for us and we ate it picnic style on the side of the rode when I was finished with my ride. Then three days later, we wanted to check out the statue of King Kamehameha and the Pololu Valley Lookout, so we came back for lunch to sit in. The staff is very friendly and remembered my partner from the 3 days before. The fish is fresh. My partner had the Noodles with Shrimp in Coconut Curry. His was divine. I recommend to stop here for lunch.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

awesome coconut curry fish lunch! decor is very local and we almost didn't go inside because there was nobody there at noon. Glad we did give it a try! Not cheap but average prices ($15 per entree) considering the prices on Big Island.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This restaurant is full of history. It once was a brothel! Oh, if only the walls could talk! The ono fish dish I had was delicious. The service was wonderful and the hostess was a delightful. The restaurant has a shop and gallery. Great place to meet friends and relax.