“Loved the room and the host” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bay House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hilo
The Bay House
Ranked #3 of 18 Hilo B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved the room and the host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2005

My Husband and I had a great stay in that beautiful Bed and Breakfast Bay House. We loved our Room (Harbour Room)
built with love, you see it and you feel it;with our own Lanai and the view of the Harbour. And we did love the great Breakfast. Very healthy: Papayas, Bananas,and other fruit, Muesli, Cornflakes, Milk,great Hawaiian Coffee, Bread and Hawaiian Jam. We didn't miss anything. This was a perfect B&B for us . The host Tina is so thoughtful. You see that in every room. You won't miss anything.
It is wonderful there. Every day new towels and the bathroom has everything for you what you need. It's like home.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2005

The fresh flower arrangements—full of antheriums and other tropical flowers—tell it all at this wonderful Hilo B&B—one of the best I’ve ever stayed at. We were lucky to experience two (Palm Room and Harbor Room) of the three rooms here, each with private verandas overlooking Hilo Bay--and loved each of them. Sounds of the surf and a chorus of frogs provide a night-time symphony. It’s the details here—immaculate rooms, Menehune quilt bedspreads, the smiles and conversation of the innkeepers, and even microwave popcorn for afternoon munchies—that make this place extra special. If I could give it more than five stars, I would.

Stayed October 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2005

My husband and I just had our first trip to Hawaii and it was wonderful. Unfortunately we only got to stay one night at the Bay House, but that one night was great. We were personally greeted by the hostess Tina who was very warm and funny..she made us feel right at home. Our room ( Harbor room) sat right on the bay the with our own private lanai ( as all 3 rooms have),the beds had beautiful Hawaiin quilts and were very comfortable plus it was spotless. Went to sleep and awoke with the sound of surf and tree frogs... then enjoyed a lovely breakfast of fresh fruit, yogurt, banana bread, cereals and that great Kona coffee. It was a little different having your breakfast privately on your lanai than together as most B &B's do...but it actually was a nice change. I also liked that breakfast was ready early but there wasn't an absolute time one had to eat..more casual approach. If you are staying in Hilo, we would most certainly recommend The Bay House and Tina !! It is a nicer way to experience Hawaii on a personal level..

• Stayed October 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2005

Hilo, Hawaii Bay House B&B-Beautiful Views and easy access to Volcanoe National Park.
From a Trip Advisor Member
November 4,2005

Just returned from the Big Island of Hawaii. I live on Kauai but needed to take my Mother to seen the Volcanoe. Found the Bay House in Hilo on the Hawaii B&B website.
What a pleasure it was to stay. Rooms with bathrooms were huge and immaculately furnished. We had Hilo bayview rooms and the ocean only only a few hundred feet away. It was wonderful to have the ocean and the rain to lull us to sleep. Tina and Thomas Jimenez were our Hosts and what a fantastic job they do. Everything is well thought out and all of my needs were perfectly anticipated. I also need to stress for those "Germaphobes" amoung us that everything was spotlessly CLEAN. We had very good coffee, Homemade Carrot Cake, Dry cereal and frest papaya and pineapple for breakfast.
There is a large common area where breakfast is laid out and all manner of travel books, novels and mgazines are availible. There ia also a microwave so we could reheat our "Doggie Bags" or make popcorn (provided by the Hosts). We enjoyed our breakfast on our deck overlooking Hilo Bay and watched the kayakers, fishermen and the cruise ships come in. I found the Bay House perfectly located to take advantage of the Volcanoe National Park AND the Hamakua Coast. We had intended to travel to the Kona side of the island but we enjoyed our rooms so much we ended up spending a lot of time at the B&B!!
I will absolutely stay here again. As I said before, I live on Kauai and have a jaundiced eye towards accomodations as so many places in Hawaii advertise alot but give little. This is not the case at the Bay House. Mahalo Tina and Tom

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Clinton, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2005

Wanted to take advatage of your website to sing the praises of the Bay House in Hilo on the Big Island of Hawaii.
It was my first time on the Big Island and I hope it will not be my last. My Daughter brought me from Kauai to see the Volcanoe but we saw so much more and enjoyed our stay at the Bay House. As a Senoir, I have to say that travel can be intimidating but our Hosts at the Bay House made everything so wondeful. The B&B is only 10 minutes from Hilo Airport so no long airport trek and we didint have to get up a dawn to make our flights back to Kauai.
My room was decorated so beautifully with fresh flowers and beautiful art and since I am a photographer, I spent a lot of time on the lovely covered deck taking pictures of the ocean. We were even treated to the sight of the cruise ship leaving the port of Hilo all ablaze with beautiful lights one evening. . The Bed was to die for. I slept like on a cloud. They had thought of everthing!! We even had complimentary umbrellas for our rainy trip to the Volcanoe.
It was wonderful to have breakfast on the deck and I really enjoyed the tropical fruit and fresh baked goods. I know most people probably dont enjoy the rain as much as my Daughter and I but it was so relaxing to have coffee on the deck and watch the rain and the ocean.
I also enjoyed being able to walk to Hilo town. We really enjoyed the Farmers Market and several of the small Mom and Pop Cafes. Cant say enough. I will certainly try to stay here next year when I visit your lovely state again.

2 Thank donigal
Silver Spring MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2005

3 days at the Bay House. It wasn't long enough!!! We stayed in the palm room and the bay room. Both were fantastic. The palm room was more private but the view from the bay room was unbeatable. The private lanai's for each room were perfect for breakfast which consisted of fresh fruit, yogurt, fresh bread, cereal, coffee, juice and boiled eggs (you won't leave hungry).

Although some people complained about the lack of interaction, we didn't mind at all. We came to Hawaii to be alone!! At the same time though, Tina was an excellent host. She attended to all of our needs without being overbearing. In fact one night she knocked on our door to personally deliver a complimentary bottle of champagne and Hawaiian Host Caramacs!! Couldn't ask for more. Thanks Bay House!!

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank petersc3
Hesperia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2005

The Bay House B&B in Hilo was above my expectations. The host and hostess excell in helping you plan a delightful vacation.

• Stayed June 2002
7 Thank icezebra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilo
Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel
Chalet Kilauea
Chalet Kilauea
#1 of 2 in Volcano
No photo provided

Been to The Bay House? Share your experiences!