Open today: 09:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
A decent walk in the pouring rain

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$182.30
from US$80.00
from US$65.00
More Info
All reviews white tiger tropical birds free admission interesting animals nice playground ant eaters animals seem accept donations a small gift shop few hours great for kids on display couple of hours walk around hilo area worth a stop the big island
Reviewed 1 week ago

This area is a work of art. We were blown away by the variety and beauty of the plants. My husband had the camera and he took more photos of the flowers than I would have imagined was possible. We spent a couple or hours there, but if we went back I would bring lunch and picnic by the shore. Bring water and wear comfortable walking shoes.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I planned a stop there. Unfortunately it was pouring heavy rain but we still saw a lot of lovely vegetation and a few animals and had a very close proximity encounter with a white tiger which was pretty interesting to have him come so close to us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very kid friendly and enjoyable for all ages. Amazing variety of animals for a zoo that doesnt charge but does accept donations greatfully. Clean and well kept. An enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a beautiful Zoo. We stop by everytime we go to Hilo--it's free! They have a couple of new tigers and we enjoyed watching the yellow tiger. He walked up to us but then began stalking one of the groundskeepers. It can be hot and humid here! Bring some water and maybe an umbrella. There's a gift shop with ice cream and drinks and animal benches. Peacocks walk free on the grounds.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This zoo is easy to walk. Nice small areas for sitting, paths for strolling. Nice space accommodations for the animal habitats.
Personally I think the tiger wants to eat the donkey- -

Reviewed 2 October 2018

It was so fun! There were many animals and cool children's exhibits to look at (including a climbing structure and fun benches with animals). The park was a small stop for my family, we had a free afternoon while visiting family in Hawaii, but if I ever go again I would go back to the zoo. People were friendly and the animals had good living conditions. I loved the fact they also had plants to look at along the way to the next animal exhibit. Very secluded and out of the way, which was good because there were no traffic sounds... you are very one with nature.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Great little find, expect to spend about an hour. Great for kiddos. The tigers were gorgeous and well taken care of.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

A small zoo. But you get this amazing Rainforest to walk though and its free! it has a great play are for the kids and picnic area.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I was pleasantly surprised how nice the Zoo was. It was just like visiting a botanical garden as well as a Zoo. I think it is a hidden gem that does not get enough attention. I went with my adult children and it has been over 20 years since we went to a Zoo. I am so glad we went. We all had a great time visiting and being amused by the animals. The Zoo has many, many birds, monkeys, ant eaters and tigers. Along with beautiful tropical plants. Great day to spend the day!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We felt like we had the whole park to ourselves. It was a nice surprise since we just stumbled on to it. The tigers were right up close. We really enjoyed it! Entry was a donation!