This is truly the "Old Hawaii Experience" so many people are looking for. Lush tropical surroundings with trails down to the river and through the bamboo and too many flowers and native plants to mention. A trail leads down to the waterfall and pond where you can swim surrounded by beauty and hear only the sound of the falling water. We rented the Pagoda, a cozy two story house with views of the waterfall, fully equipped to accommodate 2 couples and our 8 year old granddaughter. It was stocked with coffee, juice and breakfast makings. We were warmly greeted by the Hostess/Owner, Jane, and could not have felt more at home. The whole Inn is solar and hydro powered which will please any ecologist. We had a convertible, so driving through the country roads lined with macadamia nut orchards leading in and away from Hilo was an experience in itself. It was an amazing experience and we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls sits among 22 lush, natural acres, surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfall. The Kulaniapia experience is like no other, just 15 minutes from town, but completely away. Whether you come for relaxation, adventure or both, nothing quite prepares you for how much you find of each. Those seeking adventure are invited to sign up with the Kulaniapia Adventures team for a guided, 120 foot rappel down our namesake waterfall. Accommodations are provided in several asian inspired buildings providing accommodations ranging from standard/waterfall view rooms and family suites, to fully detached cottages and a Pagoda Guest House with a full kitchen. Enjoy a wholesome, locally sourced breakfast and the big island’s best coffee, all while enjoying the view of our namesake falls each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii