I did an online search and just happened upon this place. It had good reviews but not much info that I could find. I took a shot and I'm so glad that I did! We got there very late so it was dark and we really couldn't see anything until morning. It was a long, winding, road with a moderate ascent and we thought we were lost until we finally saw lights. Very nice people, very welcoming. We could hear the roar of the waterfall and what a way to fall asleep. In the morning, I walked out on the balcony and was blown away by the view. Hilo Bay in all it's glory with the sunrise just starting and the entire town below. The waterfall was magnificent and breakfast was incredible! Macadamia nut waffles everyday with fresh local fruit, juice, and breads. Just wonderful all around! The only issue we had was from an overflowing toilet (that I got to mop up with bathtowels.. Eww) but other than that it was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls sits among 22 lush, natural acres, surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfall. The Kulaniapia experience is like no other, just 15 minutes from town, but completely away. Whether you come for relaxation, adventure or both, nothing quite prepares you for how much you find of each. Those seeking adventure are invited to sign up with the Kulaniapia Adventures team for a guided, 120 foot rappel down our namesake waterfall. Accommodations are provided in several asian inspired buildings providing accommodations ranging from standard/waterfall view rooms and family suites, to fully detached cottages and a Pagoda Guest House with a full kitchen. Enjoy a wholesome, locally sourced breakfast and the big island’s best coffee, all while enjoying the view of our namesake falls each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hotel Hilo
- The Inn At Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Hawaii