“Excellent”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Stayed here in october in room overlooking the falls.
Room so peaceful at night area really quite as up a track.
Hedi was looking after our room and cooked a great breakfast in the morning and had loads of good advice, Only 15 minutes from Hilo great location
Plus you can swim in the falls pond

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Hilton Head sc
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Great place overlooking Hilo and the Ocean. Waterfall makes it truely memorable. Great Staff especially Heidi who exceeded all our expectations. Lovely place recommend to all

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Had a very nice visit to the Inn. Stayed in Harmony House - Maile Room. AMAZING view of the waterfall. Very soothing sound to sleep to as well. Food at breakfast was very good - made to order omelettes and waffles. Fresh fruit, yummy juice. Grounds were very nice. Pretty drive up to the Inn (VERY DARK at night - could see EVERY star!!)

Only negative - not the most responsive. We had no electricity in the room upon arrival- except the bathroom. Not a big deal, as we were going right to sleep due to time difference. Took multiple complaints and 24 hours to fix. Again, not a big deal as we weren't in the room, but when finally fixed - the innkeeper said "when I didn't hear from you again, I assumed it had been fixed" like we should have had to nag.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jjmegantravel
Palm Desert,Calif
Reviewed 17 October 2009

innkeepers were pleasant but need to interact more with guests
did not enjoy viewing a duct taped skylight from our balcony

California
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I called this hotel in October to make a reservation for New Years. I asked the innkeeper what his policy was for cancellations. He never told me that he would charge my credit card for HALF of the amount NOW. My credit card company called me with a suspicious charge which alerted me to what had happened. I called the innkeeper and asked him why he charged my card and not tell me he was going to do so when I called. He said he would credit my account. I asked him when and he started yelling, cussing over the phone, using the f-word and told me to never call back. I intend not to. Good luck!

Stayed October 2009
8 Thank Pamme777
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We needed a place to stay on our visit to the volcano and found this B and B by accident on the internet. It is the most amazing and beautiful find of our trip. It is unbelievably beautiful and a great value as well. We will be coming back. i hate to tell people about this find because I want there to be vacancies when I come back!

NYC
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We spent 4 nights in the Orchid Room, a corner room closest to the falls in the Harmony House. Given a choice, I recommend this room over the other rooms in HH due to the view and a bathtub. (I'm not sure all rooms have a tub.) The Inn's website didn't mention it, but there is TV in each room. Internet in the common living room/kitchen. The Inn Keeper was excellent, friendly and nice, and breakfast was very good too. The Residency building is a true B&B in as much as the owners live on the ground floor. The Inn is about 7-8 miles (or about a 12 minute drive) from downtown Hilo. The last 4-5 miles is on an attractive, single-lane, rural, private road. We are glad we spent the extra money to stay here rather than the cheaper, much less attractive large hotels in downtown Hilo.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilo
Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel
Dolphin Bay
Dolphin Bay
#2 of 7 in Hilo
Hilo Seaside Hotel
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls? Share your experiences!