“Mom and pop greatness ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My son age 13 and I ate here and it was good. Like all things Hawaiian nothing is what you are use to on the mainland. The parking is in back with no lights on the lot. You order at the front counter and eat on the side of the building under a carport. This place is not posh at all real basic no fountain soda. I would say the pizza was good lots of flavor. I would recommend it to anyone who needs some mainland food. We make it a point not to go to chains when possible trying to help the little person. My son loved the whole experience and would recommend it to kids his age who want no frills pizza.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We wanted a quick lunch so we ate here. They have a cute patio on the side for eating. Good selection of pizza that tastes average. The staff was super friendly and food was prepared quickly.

1  Thank scsepke
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Our stops in Hilo usually include an ocean view room at the Hilo Hawaiian, and take-out dinners from local restaurants that we can then eat while enjoying the great view. Last night it was Big Island Pizza. Small place, about five minutes from our hotel. Follow the sign to a small parking lot in back. We ordered a pepperoni pizza, and added olives and anchovies. A lot of small pizza's spots don't have anchovies, so we were happy. We added a large caesar salad. It didn't look that big, but surprised us! We ended up with leftovers. Pizza was tasty. Not necessarily a rave, but we weren't disappointed. There was a nice outside sitting area where we waited while the order was prepared. Everyone was nice. We haven't sampled other pizza options, but would recommend Big Island Pizza.

1  Thank iLind
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I ordered the "portabella mozz" pizza. A tasty thing with a nice crisp crust, but the mushrooms were mighty scarce. Kinda pricey, too. It was ready when promised -- I ordered on line and then picked it up.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We come here often when we visit our family. Lots of interesting variety and all very tasty. You either can take out or eat in which makes it convenient.

1  Thank 33,158