“Wonderful afternoon treats!”

Moonstruck Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Hilo
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Moonstruck Patisserie is a bakery specializing in European pastries and desserts. Breakfast features a full line of croissants, quiche, rock buns, French press coffee and a full line of loose teas. Moonstruck also features Hilo's finest desserts - custom European style cakes and cheesecakes. Our customers also rave about our iced coffee and ginger peach tea.
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I stopped by Moonstruck Patisserie this afternoon and loved it! The chocolate raspberry brownies are wonderful and the coffee is quite good as well. A great place to stop for desert and coffee in Hilo. The owner was also very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We take an apple pie, a rock bun and coffee. My husband and i we're suprised. It tasted like homemade and like our favorite bakery at Home in germany. The interior was Rallye cool and the music made a christmas feeling.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Went with some friends yesterday to check out Moonstruck. Bought the lillokoi cheesecake and yummy!!! It was soo delish! Jackie's cheesecake was spot on! She truly has found a niche and I hope she has many years of continued success!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I ate the Soprano, a chocolate cake. It had the right amount of chocolate and sweetness to it. And bought coconut chocolate bun to go.

The café has a very local feel to it. Even the ceiling was painted funky.

2  Thank Henry J
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I don't know how you judge a restaurant. When I eat out, especially when I have to put on so much calories (desserts), I want to make sure I am eating something REALLY good and complicated to make at home. Jackie, the owner, really put her heart into her desserts, cakes and baked goods. The pastries are en par with those from high end restaurants, with layers and layers of various ingredients. Even the coffee, she uses the super heavy metal pot that keeps the coffee hot, not to mention the cute tea cups and utensils. The Japanese take-out place close to it is really good and reasonable, too.

1  Thank gd2know