I can't really add anything new, so I'll just go over the plusses and minuses that we experienced. Plusses first - the tremendous ocean view and lovely grounds, the tasty and filling breakfasts (there were always leftovers), clean rooms. The pool was small, but nice for cooling off and relaxing after a day of activities. Not the most effusive hosts, but they had good ideas for restaurants and activities. In fact, we spent one whole day doing nothing but going to Ric and Maria's favorite places in Puna, and had a wonderful day. Minor minuses: rooms are lower level, and only the Pele Suite has side ventilation. No AC, but we slept as well as anywhere with only fans. Parking was no fun, but we got the hang of it. There is always the option of parking on the very unbusy street out front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront accommodations with a spectacular, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and Hilo Bay. Enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching surfers, dolphins, and seasonal humpback whales. Relax in the evening to the sound of the surf. Four oceanfront rooms available, each with private bathroom, free WiFi, cable TV, fresh flowers, lanai, and access to pool and hot tub. Quiet, peaceful location 2 miles north of Hilo Town, just 10 minutes to the airport. Smoke-free property. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Kai Hawaii Hotel Hilo
- Hale Kai Hawaii b&b
- Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Hilo