We stayed in Bamboo Room. The hosts were very friendly. The location is very quiet. You may hear the waves and the Coqui frogs. Very nice sounds for a good sleep. We never had problems with these sounds of nature. The room was not so big but clean. To enter the room and to get to your lanai you have to go through the common room. The premises have a lot of plants and flowers and is very well-tended. There is a very nice pool as well. The breakfast is served on the upper lanai.
The Bamboo room is the most private room because it is at the end of the building. You have to walk past every lanai from the other guests to reach the entrance of the common room which leads to the Bamboo room. It is just below the kitchen and therefore there is no time to sleep in. In the morning when breakfast is prepared you are awaked by rather loud stamping.
Comparing to other accommodations we found it quite expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront accommodations with a spectacular, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and Hilo Bay. Enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching surfers, dolphins, and seasonal humpback whales. Relax in the evening to the sound of the surf. Four oceanfront rooms available, each with private bathroom, free WiFi, cable TV, fresh flowers, lanai, and access to pool and hot tub. Quiet, peaceful location 2 miles north of Hilo Town, just 10 minutes to the airport. Smoke-free property. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Kai Hawaii Hotel Hilo
- Hale Kai Hawaii b&b
- Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Hilo