This B and B is now my favorite in Hilo as we've stayed at hotels and other B and Bs over the years for comparison. It's located out of Hilo a couple of miles right on the water, up on a cliff. So much fun to watch the Bay from a distance, view the fishing boats out on the water, the tugs pulling tankers across the Bay, planes coming in for landing at Hilo, and even Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins cavorting.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and guests seems to observe a quiet demeanor when required. Each room faces due East, so the sunrise greets each morning. The establishment reflects the authentic quality of Hilo itself, with nothing glitzy or flashy, but true hospitality. Breakfasts are up one level on the lanai with another great view. They are delicious, plentiful---and it's a delight to meet other guests there at a large communal table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront accommodations with a spectacular, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and Hilo Bay. Enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching surfers, dolphins, and seasonal humpback whales. Relax in the evening to the sound of the surf. Four oceanfront rooms available, each with private bathroom, free WiFi, cable TV, fresh flowers, lanai, and access to pool and hot tub. Quiet, peaceful location 2 miles north of Hilo Town, just 10 minutes to the airport. Smoke-free property. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Kai Hawaii Hotel Hilo
- Hale Kai Hawaii b&b
- Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Hilo