I couldn't say enough good things about the owners and this B&B. Rick made us feel right at home as soon as we arrived. This B&B is beautifully landscaped and has one of the best views of Hilo Bay. We stayed for 4 nights during our honeymoon in May,2014 and wish we would have stayed longer. There is nothing like waking up and being able to look out your window to the ocean in the morning.
In the morning you get to wake up and enjoy truly delicious coffee or tea (your choice) as you sit and watch the waves roll in. Every morning was a different homemade breakfast and each one was delicious in it's own way. Fresh fruit is also served with every breakfast, I don't even like bananas but they must grow them differently in Hawaii because these were the best thing ever! The conversation around the table at breakfast is not to be missed either. We never had a dull conversation with all the other guests staying there and really enjoyed our time getting to know them.
The town has many great things to see but just know that most restaurants close around 9:00pm so don't hold off too long before you venture out to eat. I would strongly recomend Cafe Pesto and Pineapples. They were both the best in my opinion.
All in all this is by far the best B&B we have ever stayed at and if we ever go back to Hilo this will be were we stay. If you decide to go please give Cocoa (their beautiful chocolate labradore) a good pat on the head for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront accommodations with a spectacular, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and Hilo Bay. Enjoy a delicious breakfast while watching surfers, dolphins, and seasonal humpback whales. Relax in the evening to the sound of the surf. Four oceanfront rooms available, each with private bathroom, free WiFi, cable TV, fresh flowers, lanai, and access to pool and hot tub. Quiet, peaceful location 2 miles north of Hilo Town, just 10 minutes to the airport. Smoke-free property. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Kai Hawaii Hotel Hilo
- Hale Kai Hawaii b&b
- Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Hilo