“It is a roach motel ! They are everywhere ! Don't stay here !!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hilo
Country Club Hawaii Condo Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hilo
“It is a roach motel ! They are everywhere ! Don't stay here !!”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

So gross ! Don't waist your money here ! It better in you car ! Lol ! It is really dirty and the back door don't lock on room 301 or room 614 ! I had to change rooms because of roaches and no locking door ! This place is the worst I have ever been ! And I stay in San Francisco all the time ! I thought that was bad until I stayed here ! Just don't do it. !!

They get an F-

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank Kimi4love

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sandwich
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I had actually booked a month-long stay here and left before my time was up. The place was roach-infested, run down and has seen better days. It seems like a lot of people there use this place as their residence. Hilo Seaside was better.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pwb6769

Travellers are raving about these Hilo hotels

Pasadena
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I came to Hilo just for one night to give a talk at the University and thought I'd save some money by not going to a too expensive hotel. I really don't need much to be happy with a hotel, but this hotel was really the most terrible experience that I've ever had. The building is run down, people are living there long term and leave their doors open and run around half-naked. The smell in the room was unbearable, I could smell what people cooked next door as the it came out of the ventilation system right into my room. There was dust everywhere (not just in hidden corners, but very obvious on the bed and the kitchen shelves). The staff at the registration desk was really unfriendly. They wouldn't give you the password for the wifi but way to type it in to your computer themselves. When the lady walked away with my laptop and I was running after her to ask her what she was doing she slammed the door right in front of me shouting she wouldn;t touch anything. Although they say you can only use the wifi in the lobby area it still works when you're sitting at the balcony of your room. But this is definitely the worst experience I've ever had (and I travel a lot, I even stayed at better places in India). Don't go there!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Dominika W
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

This is an older hotel with key entry and kind of a low budget feel to it. The beds are not very Comfortable and the room is not real clean. I saw a couple of small roaches but they were not too scary. No wifi in the room and to get wifi on the patio you have to give your computer to the lady who logs in for you. She said that they have had guests download X-rated movies so they want to know who is doing that if that were to happen. I can't amagine anyone downloading any movie because the connection was so slow it was barely adequate to send out a few emails. Not my favorite place. Several hotels were sold out before I got to this one. I would recommend trying to get into another hotel first.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Jimemarriott
St Augustine
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I was set to stay here for a work contract. It didn't look so bad from the street but once inside I just wanted to run. The hall was dimly lit and people were actually lurking about. Lurking! It honestly looked like a scene from a movie - a place where a crook might hide. The room was a joke. I was told the room would have a kitchen. Well what they call a kitchen is what I call a hotplate. The shower was filthy as were the curtains. I didn't even bother to stay. In the time since I have passed this place many times and have noticed police cars and ambulances parked out front. In fact when I went to get my room refund a fight broke out on an upper floor and the women behind the counter told a man to "Check it out and let me know if I need to call the cops."

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Larry F
Lanai City, Hawaii
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed at the Hilo Bay Country Club, this is anything but a country club! We got the remote at the front desk! The building itself is rundown! When we walked into our room, it was musty and smelled of a smoke! There was no maid service! We had to use the same towels for 5 days( no replacement towels)! Rubbish, we had to empty on our own, but no extra rubbish bags! We bought dish soap, Febreeze extra strength, & toilet paper! This is a bring your own towel, soap, rubbish bag kind of place! It is inexpensive! Only Internet by the check in which has 2 round tables to sit at or a bench! I recommend Uncle Billy's just a few buildings away!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Lou C
hilo
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I tried to buy a candy from the vending machine at 6:49 p.m. on July 18th, 2012. The machine ate my money, the woman at the desk was very rude telling me that they have nothing to do with the vending machines and if it ate my money to call the company but yet there is no signs on the machines that state its not there machine's.I said you should have signs up to which she replied that there was a sign up so obviously someone took it down.Then when I already walked out of the lobby she sarcastically and very loudly said that if I don't like it to take my buisness else where.Very rude, Hawaii is all about aloha and that person was a bad choice for an employee!!! It is not because I am not from here eithe as I am local! All this over $1.25 candy bar! Save yourself the trouble and walk down the sidewalk to Uncle Billy's General Store. Better service and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Horrible management. To experience the true Aloha spirit of Hawaii stay at Uncle B...