“Decent, but I've seen better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Club Hawaii Condo Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hilo
Country Club Hawaii Condo Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Hilo
Seattle, Washington
“Decent, but I've seen better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with a school group, and I found the experience to just be so-so. Despite the name of the place, this lodge is hardly a country club or a hotel. The nice part is that the units are exceptionally large, but other than that, everything else is hit or miss. My unit was moderately clean, and I appreciated having booth a TV, WiFi, refrigerator, and air conditioning in the room. But other than that, the quality of the place didn't quite add up to what I was paying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank spratt504

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights. We found it was actually ok. When we first arrived, the first room that I looked at had cockroaches, so I asked for another right away. We were given another room. I examined the room carefully and didn't find any cockroaches for I took the room. The room turned out to be nice, although it was somewhat old but renovated. Great neighbourhood. Beautiful park nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank raf c
Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed at unit #327 in July and found it to be good value. New paint and carpet made for a very fresh and clean space. Bed was very comfortable. Lanai has a nice very private bayview. Good location. Will ask for this unit next time I am in Hilo.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking bay are quiet and scenic.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank W Joyce J
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have read all the other reviews that was posted, AFTER I had already booked the room online,lol. I booked the Superior Room, was given Room #512, anywho by reading the reviews, I was having doubts if I wanted to keep the reservation but I decided to keep it. My, am I pleased w/my decision. the Front Desk ladies were very helpful/generous/showed much aloha, NOT once did we see any roaches, of course you deal w/tenants who reside there as well, but really, they never bothered us, people was friendly that we came across. The room was furnished, refrig/2 burner stove/dining table/micro/coffee pot/toaster/Dvd player/wi-fi/cable tv/phone/alarm radio/etc. The view was nice, the security made me feel content. We had the option to have maid service. Really we was there to have a place to sleep/bathe, etc. If you're looking for a FANCY shmancy hotel, I'd suggest you all to seek elsewhere, but if you're wanting a place to sleep/bathe/cook, well then you shall find comfort here, and yes it may not be the Ritz-Carlton or the Hyatt but it was well worth the price. Daily price is $74/nt but they offer Kama'aina rates of $64/nt but via phone only. I'll definitely be returning/referring to my ohana/friends flying to Big Island to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank haynwahine808
Port Orchard, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We don't understand these reviews. Have stayed here for several winter months over a few years. The first apt we got from Craig's List was awful, but we met a couple who own a great studio apt on the 2nd floor, balcony facing the pool and the ocean, beautiful ceramic tile floors, nice kitchen, king bed, big screen TV, all utilities included for $900 a month! We were not there last year because my Dad died but we certainly plan on going back. Hilo is a great place for the real Hawai'i experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redravenjb
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Don't let the name fool you. I came for one night flew from Honolulu to Hilo to interview for a job so i thought i would save money I totally regret staying here roaches in the bathroom, bed area walls dirty with dead roaches and dust on the painting and dishes on wall Dirty. People live here you smell pot, throw up in halways they leave there doors open you hear couples fighting crazy. The staff is very rude i do not recommend this place Especially if you have kids.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank islandgurl66

Travellers are raving about these Hilo hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

So gross ! Don't waist your money here ! It better in you car ! Lol ! It is really dirty and the back door don't lock on room 301 or room 614 ! I had to change rooms because of roaches and no locking door ! This place is the worst I have ever been ! And I stay in San Francisco all the time ! I thought that was bad until I stayed here ! Just don't do it. !!

They get an F-

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Kimi4love
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilo
Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel
Chalet Kilauea
Chalet Kilauea
#1 of 2 in Volcano
Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Country Club Hawaii Condo Hotel? Share your experiences!