“Bad, Bad, Bad!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Club Hawaii Condo Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hilo
Country Club Hawaii Condo Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Hilo
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bad, Bad, Bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2006

I just wanted to write a review on these Country Club Time Share-Condo's. A family member let us stay for 4 days for free. Well, let me tell you the place was horrible. The mattresses were all worn out, and the bed frames very rusty and squeeky, sheets had holes and rust spots on them, and the blanket had holes, stains and someone elses long black hairs on it! Just gross. The curtains were water stained and bottom all ripped apart, no screen door and the top holding the lamp shade on was missing, so shade was propped against the TV. The family member who owns this usually charges $55.00 a night and it's time share.
Some real weird people hanging out in lobby and around the parking area, and I was scared to even go to the laundry, some questionables there too! We left and for $10 more we stayed at the clean Naniloa.
I should of called the health department.
I wouldn't let my dog stay at that place, so you decide.

• Stayed November 2005
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2005

We wish we had read trip advisor. Instead we are trying to find out information about this place and warning everyone we can thru trip websites that this place should be condemmed. This place should be razed (leveled) and a nice resort put in its place. The area is so beautiful and this place is an eyesore. It is all concrete and parking lot. No land or landscaping. The building looks like there has been no maintenance for decades. There must be none since everything leaked or did not work right. And the front desk staff was rude and unhelpful. They must get fed up with all the complaints from the tourists who expect a clean room to rest up in before their travels. If you are expecting to smell the fresh trade winds ...think again...the place reeked of urine and feces everywhere. The locals who live there are @#$%!@#s. Don't expect a good nites sleep. The loud rowdy nite club located IN this SMALL building can be heard and felt by the vibrations. Lots of bass. They go until 3 a.m. and even longer in the parking lots. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else but here. Even a lava tube would be better and quieter. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2005
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Hilo hotels

Lancaster, Pennyslvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2005

There are not enough bad words to descibe this place. We stayed there during Valentines week February 2005. This was the worse week of my life. It was to be a vacation but turned out to be a disaster. I am now having nightmares about this place. Everything from check-in to check-out from A to Z was WRONG here. Checking in the staff was unfriendly and couldn't even fake a smile.
A = Aloha ---none
G=Grass- absolutely none
H=Hellhole
I=Ignorant people
J=Just a waste of money
K=Keep your valuables with you at all times
L=Leave and go to another hotel
M=Mold and mildew abound
N=No way should you stay here
O=Oily greasy food in bar
P=Police respond to this location often
Q=Quite a nightmare
R=Rank and really really bad
S=Stay away
T=Time wasted and too much to list
U=Use common sense
V=Very disgusting and small rooms
W=Watch your back
X= X This off your list of places to stay while in Hilo
Y=You need to pay attentiion to the other reviews
Z= zzZZZzz's No sleep

For your own safety- please avoid
If you want to enjoy Hawaii...don't stay here Period

• Stayed February 2005
31 Thank Rose T
honolulu,hi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2005

contrary to your previous reviews, we found the price excellent, 55.00
/night. swimming pool located above hilo bay, great view, located on beutiful banyan treed drive. golf course across street great rates. services
were fine and room had new furniture and floors. oonly 19 miles to the
volcanoes.

13 Thank kuhioking
Citrus Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2004

The Good- If you like loud noises, vibration, raging nightclubs, drugs, alcohol, theft, police, ignorant people, vulgar language, uncontrollable situations, harrassment, no aloha, no rules, no rest, no respect, awful smells/odors, mold, mildew, feral cats, trash/litter, smoke, leaks, urine, and uncomfortable surroundings, this is the place for you! I LIVED there for about 8 mo. and know first hand. The other readers comments are extremely accurate (they only touched the tip of the iceberg) I only wish I could have afforded to move sooner as this place was taking its toll on my mental and physical well being. It truly is a "low income housing project" as stated by another Trip Advisor, a real GHETTO. I thank the Lord that I was able to get out as it was getting progessively worse. The property management company is lame. They ignored all my letters and requests for improvements. Besides, once I started to complain about the horrible conditions I was harrassed. Plus, my vehicle was stolen within 25 ft. of the security guard on duty! The security there is inept. If you ever decide to rent, buy or exchange at this den of iniquity, it is critical that you USE DUE DILIGENCE. Research the facts. BUYER-RENTER BEWARE.

• Stayed November 2004
29 Thank Georgia H
Rapid City, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2004

Unbelievable! I can only give a rating of 1 dot (terrible) and considering what I encountered during my stay... that is too high! Where do I start? I went to Hilo on business. After a long flight, I wanted to check-in, get unpacked, have a nice dinner and get some rest before the scheduled early morning meetings. Fat chance! Apparently the hotel has a local nightclub that plays loud "booming" Hip Hop/(C)Rap music? all night long. It vibrates the building! This nightclub rages and I mean rages until 4 a.m. During and after operating hours the unruly noisy crowd reek total havoc! Unbelievable! Since I was unable to sleep, I called the front desk and "Robert" told me that there is nothing they can do. He was very rude and curt when I asked questions about it. No aloha here... My room faced Banyan Dr. where most of the commotion takes place. (even with the patio door closed, it was unbearable!) I asked for another room away from the noise and was told "none available" ( I don't think a room without noise existed) I left after 4 days of a 14 day stay after finding another place. As I sat on the small patio during my sleepless nights I witnessed numerous assaults/fights by both males and females. This bar crowd screams, curses, yells, breaks bottles, blows their horns, burns rubber (squealsl wheels), activate their car alarms (on purpose), drives recklessly over the curbs, sidewalks, grass areas, drinks openly in public, and causes utter chaosthe time during my short stay. Not just 1 or 2 police cars, but 7 or more! Everynight, several times a night...Unbelievable! Even they did nothing to control these crowds - they just stood around and watched...Unbelievable! I was appalled to also see males urinating everywhere...out in the open! And I mean everywhere! On trees, walls, cars, plants, etc. ...Unbelievable! I suppose the bathroom inside the nightclub was broken? or ? to busy? or none existed? The hotel doesn't have any public restrooms so I guess its ok to pee anywhere. Disgusting! (even in front of the police and the hotel's security guards) Unbelievable! I don't have time to type information about the rest of this hellhole. Including the terrible smelly rooms and unfriendly staff. It was truly an unbelievable experience and I hope that you heed my advice (for your own safety) and never stay at the Country Club. Take my word for it...it is nasty. There should be laws against this. If there are laws...no one cares to enforce them. Unbelievable!

32 Thank No-Limit
Dundalk, Md
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2004

Three words.... "Stay somewhere else!!!".
The problems were too numerous to mention. Some of the problems Trip Advisor won't allow me to tell you about. It was a nightmare. We left and checked into the hotel up the street called Hilo Hawaiian (that was nice). If you plan on having the Hawaiian vacation of a lifetime don't ruin it by staying here. We know now why it was cheap. You could not pay me too stay there ever again! and don't take your family there Please.

27 Thank Mr_Nice_Guy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilo
Castle Hilo Hawaiian Hotel
Chalet Kilauea
Chalet Kilauea
#1 of 2 in Volcano
Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Country Club Hawaii Condo Hotel? Share your experiences!