“Awesome healing”

Big Island Academy of Massage
Ranked #2 of 13 Spas & Wellness in Hilo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are Hilo's largest State Board Certified Massage School, offering Level 1 & Level 2 Massage Training. Massage Services on site include Licensed Massage Therapy, Apprentice Massage Therapy, Chair Massage and Chiropractic Treatments.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have really bad neck issue which has sent me on a life changing path. I have disc issues at c4-c5-c6 & c7 which cause me a lot of pain, neurosurgeons don't want to touch me so I just need to move on in life with the pain. I started seeing yahaiva the main massage therapist at the facility and she relieved the pain temporarily which is all I expect. I have been to many others and find this clinic to be a good example of healing arts.

1  Thank jackukes
There are newer reviews for Big Island Academy of Massage

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I happened upon this massage school our first day in Hilo while the students were offering free chair massage. We ended up booking 2 massages each (hey we were on vacation), and found both the students and Yahavah, the owner, to be professional and intuitive. Traveling is always hard on the body, but they were able to get the kinks worked out so we could better enjoy the rest of the trip.

My husband has some chronic issues, and Yahavah was able to find him some relief with her diverse set of skills.

1  Thank Karen541
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The staff was very friendly and listened to my input of where i had pain and my opinion of how that may be lessened. I found they also make adjustments for where previous problems have diminished and always check in to make sure their pressure and performance are suitable to you the client. At the Big Island Academy of Massage the clients come first.

1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My family and I have been going to the BIAOM for years and have always been pleased with their "aloha spirit", talented students, and ability to book us quickly in most cases. I work on a computer every day so my neck and back are always tense and in knots. I try and get a student massage at least every two weeks to relieve the pressure. At $35/hr they are the most affordable massage clinic I've ever been to. I also like to give gift certificates to friends on their birthdays, this way I get to "give the gift of health" as they say AND support local businesses. Mahalo to the BIAOM team, we will be back soon.

1  Thank ClarkHilo
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I look forward to a massage here every time that I am back on the Big Island, taking my spouse if we are together. The people are consistently personable and professional, with a range of skills. The location is conveniently close to Hilo's famous farmers' market.

2  Thank AlohaWaikoloa