“Quick stop & convienient”
Review of Surf Break Cafe

Surf Break Cafe
Ranked #40 of 243 Restaurants in Hilo
“Quick stop & convienient”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I love the quick, easy grab and go breakfast sandwich type meals. The prices are really good for Hawaii and the location is very good near the Bay Front area. Kind of a self-serve but its good and practical.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sololaksmi108

Jacksonville FL
“Cute spot for breakfast”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My husband and I stopped In for breakfast one morning while I Hilo. I ordered the acai bowl to try something new and really enjoyed it. It basically was a frozen acai mixture topped with honey,sliced bananas and granola. Would love to reproduce this at home! My husband ordered the most basic breakfast burrito- it was a bit too basic. Seriously needed salsa. He enjoyed it even if it was a bit dry. Coffee was good. We would have gone back if we were staying longer. We were some of the first customers of the morning. Service was friendly and fairly fast. They did forget my acai bowl but brought it quickly once we let them know it was missing. The restaurant filled up fairly quickly while we were eating. I'm sure lunch would be really good here too.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lori B
TX
“Great good and friendly service at the Surf Break Café”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were trying to burn some time and had been walking the streets in down town Hilo. A lot of places were closed. We walked by the Surf Break Cafe and people were sitting outside and they were open so we decided to give it a chance.

The two girls working the counter were nice and friendly. My wife had a wrap and I had a hot chicken Panini sandwich. The food was freshly prepared and quite good. There did not seem to be a lot of traffic in the place but it was on a Sunday.

While eating a leisurely lunch, I found they have a fantastic array of breakfast items. I bet breakfast is good here too. Too bad we did not have another day to try them out for that meal. I would recommend this place to anyone. They also provided free Wi-Fi. They also had a clean bath room to access which is a little difficult to find in down town Hilo.

Note
They have a sign at the register that says there is a $5 minimum for credit card purposes. Don’t be the person who gets angry at the register when they don’t sell you a $2 cup of coffee on plastic. Who doesn’t have a little cash on them? Try and give to the local community rather than leaving in a huff.

1 Thank trancemission
Honolulu, Hawaii
“low-key place for breakfast & lunch”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Great coffee, tasty selections, and friendly staff. Nice place for a relaxing meal. Wifi is reliable and fast. I find the coffee here to be a really good way to start the day.

1 Thank poidog7
Salem, OR
“Great Coffee and Breakfast”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stopped at the Surf Break to have a quick breakfast and coffee before heading around the corner to the farmer's market. The coffee was simply delicious and really satisfied my wish for a superior cup of coffee. Tried the oatmeal with walnuts and cranberry, and got a nice portion that was quite tasty. The menu has a great selection of breakfast burritos and wraps, and the smoothie choices looked really good. The outdoor seating was a nice touch in addition to the indoor tables and sofas. Didn't use the wi-fi but several other patrons were. I would definitely go back!

1 Thank Michellee5000