Open today: 08:30 - 18:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Hilo Ocean Adventures tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Hilo Ocean Adventures
from US$135.00
from US$109.00
from US$109.00
from US$45.00
More Info
All reviews scuba diving dive master dive shop great dive sea life trouble equalizing snorkel experience saw lots of fish boat captain green turtles the big island beach park a lot of fun these guys instructor kimo dove
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We did the boat dive one day and had such a good time that we decided to do a night dive a few days later. Bobby was a great dive guide/instructor with so many good stories. We definitely recommend them!Thanks!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I've never dove Hilo side of the Big Island of Hawaii before, only Kona, so I was quite surprised by how nice the reef was. Lots of fish, a turtle, sea slug, lots of moray eels. Warm, calm water, and a wonderful guide who was working on his masters in marine biology and was very knowledgable. Look forward to going back out with them. Rented my BCD and Regulator from them and they were clean and well maintained.

1  Thank Christian J
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Our helicopter tour was cancelled so with an extra day on our hands we thought we’d add another day of diving. They were a half mile from our hotel so we stopped in. I asked where the best local diving could be found, and got a one syllable answer. I asked how to get there and I got another one syllable answer before the lady at the counter went back to reading something on her smart phone. No suggeztions no information on tank rentals. No discussion of boat and shore options. No information on tank and weight rentals. Nothing. Definitely nothing that enticed us to drop any of the $1036 we didn’t spend on the helicopter tour. I’ve been diving for 33 years and this was the least engaging dive shop staff i’ve Ever encountered. We’ll never darken their door again.

2  Thank 9,422
natalie s, Owner at Hilo Ocean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Aloha and my sincerest apologies. A lack of customer service, or in this case NO service, is never acceptable under any circumstances. Let me please personally apologize the impersonal way you were treated in my place of business. We hope you forgive us in that one individuals' poor behavior does not reflect Hilo Ocean Adventures’ as an entity. We take all negative reviews very seriously, and will be addressing the entire staff in regards to your experience to make changes as needed. At Hilo Ocean Adventures, we strive to embrace every guest that walks through our door as ‘ ohana and share with everyone the beauty of Hilo Bay. If you are ever back on Big Island, I invite you to stop by and give us another chance to redeem ourselves with a 50% off discount. You have my word that that any form of negligent customer service will never be repeated! Please email me directly at natalie@hilooceanadventures.com to discuss the day that you visited our shop so I may pinpoint the root of the problem. I most humbly apologize for your experience, and I appreciate your candid feedback.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Ocean adventure Team was perfect. Enjoyed all staff: diver, snorkelwr and obviouslt the captain. Conditions were not. Did not get a good snorkeling.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

My girlfriend and I took advantage of a Groupon they were offering and booked the beach snorkeling excursion. This was to be my girlfriends first time snorkeling and she was very apprehensive about it. When we made the drive from Kona to Hilo and checked into the shop, the girl informed us that we had been upgraded to the boat adventure, also stating that they tried to call to confirm the upgrade but we never received such a phone call. When I asked about the difference between the boat and beach adventure I was told that the boat adventure is much better as the beach adventure would involve a very rocky shoreline and it could be a little dangerous when attempting to get in the water from the shore. Now, in my mind I'm thinking, well, why even offer that if it's somewhat perilous?
So we head to the marina and meet up with the captain and the dive instructor who then show us our 'boat', which was basically a rubber raft with an outboard engine and not a whole lot of room for the two of us, another couple and the captain and instructor. Well, long story short, we were taken out into pretty rough waters in the open ocean and were tossed around like rag dolls on this tiny boat When we finally did stop and get into the water we were in about 15 feet of water and could spot very few fish. I feel like even though we got the Groupon discount and upgraded to the

Date of experience: July 2018