Open today: 08:30 - 18:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Hilo Ocean Adventures tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Hilo Ocean Adventures
from US$109.00
from US$135.00
from US$139.00
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews scuba diving dive master dive shop great dive sea life trouble equalizing snorkel experience saw lots of fish boat captain green turtles the big island beach park a lot of fun these guys instructor kimo dove
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve dove on countless reefs around the world, and I can truely say from the bottom of my heart that diving with my instructor Brooke Underwood was the most calming and safe I’ve ever been. She checked everything three times always had her eyes on my friend and I. We did a shore dive off of Leleiwi in Hilo. The reef is out standing! 10/10 you recommend to family and friends and if you can ask for Brooke to be your kick-a$$ dive instructor. Mahalo!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We did the boat dive one day and had such a good time that we decided to do a night dive a few days later. Bobby was a great dive guide/instructor with so many good stories. We definitely recommend them!Thanks!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I've never dove Hilo side of the Big Island of Hawaii before, only Kona, so I was quite surprised by how nice the reef was. Lots of fish, a turtle, sea slug, lots of moray eels. Warm, calm water, and a wonderful guide who was working on his masters in marine biology and was very knowledgable. Look forward to going back out with them. Rented my BCD and Regulator from them and they were clean and well maintained.

1  Thank Christian J
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Our helicopter tour was cancelled so with an extra day on our hands we thought we’d add another day of diving. They were a half mile from our hotel so we stopped in. I asked where the best local diving could be found, and got a one syllable answer. I asked how to get there and I got another one syllable answer before the lady at the counter went back to reading something on her smart phone. No suggeztions no information on tank rentals. No discussion of boat and shore options. No information on tank and weight rentals. Nothing. Definitely nothing that enticed us to drop any of the $1036 we didn’t spend on the helicopter tour. I’ve been diving for 33 years and this was the least engaging dive shop staff i’ve Ever encountered. We’ll never darken their door again.

2  Thank 9,422
natalie s, Owner at Hilo Ocean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Aloha and my sincerest apologies. A lack of customer service, or in this case NO service, is never acceptable under any circumstances. Let me please personally apologize the impersonal way you were treated in my place of business. We hope you forgive us in that one individuals' poor behavior does not reflect Hilo Ocean Adventures’ as an entity. We take all negative reviews very seriously, and will be addressing the entire staff in regards to your experience to make changes as needed. At Hilo Ocean Adventures, we strive to embrace every guest that walks through our door as ‘ ohana and share with everyone the beauty of Hilo Bay. If you are ever back on Big Island, I invite you to stop by and give us another chance to redeem ourselves with a 50% off discount. You have my word that that any form of negligent customer service will never be repeated! Please email me directly at natalie@hilooceanadventures.com to discuss the day that you visited our shop so I may pinpoint the root of the problem. I most humbly apologize for your experience, and I appreciate your candid feedback.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Ocean adventure Team was perfect. Enjoyed all staff: diver, snorkelwr and obviouslt the captain. Conditions were not. Did not get a good snorkeling.