“Good Thai in Hilo”

Royal SIAM Thai Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 247 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed 3 December 2012

If you like Thai food this is a nice place to try when on the East side of the Island. It was my first experience with Thai iced tea and I've been drinking it ever since. They serve all the traditional foods and everything my family had was enjoyable. Simple environment, but you can bring the whole family.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Great food very authentic flavors. Been to Thailand many times and the food tastes very close. Massaman curry is awesome and try the thai garlic salmon. Owners very friendly cozy.

1  Thank drewdogg12
Reviewed 12 July 2012

In March of 2012, I wrote a review stating that the restaurant was closed. The sign they placed in the window, "Royal Siam is now closed" seemed so final.

Recently, I was surprised to see the restaurant open again.

Please give them a try, their food is delicious!

1  Thank KaleiBaker
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I remember this restaurant from the mid 80's, not sure how long it has been there. The yellow curry was delicious. Pong was an inviting host as he took our orders and brought us our food. I think his wife was cooking the food. Unfortunately, a few weeks after we ate there, I saw a "closed for business" sign in the window. The funny thing is that other signage in the window still makes it appear to be an active restaurant.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Royal Siam is a small, kind of older Hilo restaurant. Decor is nothing fancy, but the food is excellent. My family and I went twice during our stay in Hilo and loved the fresh seafood dishes. Service was great. Very economical.