“For What It Is, It's One of the Very Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #175 of 237 Restaurants in Hilo
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Denton, TX
“For What It Is, It's One of the Very Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Given the fact that K's is almost a 100% local eatery (tourists? what tourists??), their offerings are geared to the local palate. Not a darn thing fancy here just ono local grinds. The Mahi and Terry Beef plates are my go-to meals at K's. I've never had a bad experience in the dozens and dozens of times I've been here. Full Disclosure: I attended high school at St. Joseph's back in the 60's and first began patronizing K's waaaaay back then. It has changed little over the years (although I do miss the yellow duck!)
You will find nothing the least bit fancy or pretentious at K's. In my opinion, K's is head and shoulders above Cafe 100, Low's, Blane's and the rest of the similar offerings in Hilo town.
Go and Enjoy!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tupelo010835

Texas
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Delicious food, nice people, little hole in the wall. Did not expect to like it, but since my dad went there as a kid and continues to go back I gave it a try and was VERY surprised. :)

Visited August 2011
Hilo, Hawaii, United States
“K's Breakfast Sandwich Best in the World!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Just last week I was at K's in the morning, sometime between 9am-11am and I ordered a Bagel Bacon Egg and Cheese with Extra Bacon and Extra Cheese. Yes Sir that's right I said Correctly! and it was Fabulous! :) big smiles. Extra Extra makes everything taste better.
But seriously K's Breakfast Sandwiches are the Best in Hilo and The World even without all the Extras, even then its still the Best! All I can promise is its yummy! Thick, bomb! Bacon! Scrumptious!
A MUST TRY BREAKFAST Been coming here for years!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilo, Hawaii
“Awful Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I was raised eating at this place and it was always a place I enjoyed. I don't know if it has been taken over by another owner but the food here now is awful. I've gone back several times thinking that maybe it was just "one of those days" but I keep getting served old, cold food. I don't think I'll ever go back for food. One thing that IS good is their swirl ice cream cone. You can't get that anywhere else in Hilo.

Visited March 2011