My husband and I spent 2 nights at this B&B during our trip to The Big Island in October 2010. Overall we were disappointed with our stay here. The good: the room was fairly comfortable, the surrounding property was nice, and the location was convenient for our purposes (we were really only there to check out the Volcanoes National Park which is why we chose to stay in Hilo). Claudia was helpful in providing suggestions on things to do and where to eat in the area. The bad: the room looked clean on the surface, but upon closer inspection they were not as clean as they could have been (occasional dust & hair found in room). Upon our arrival, we were asked what time we were planning to wake up the next morning, and when we said maybe around 7am, Claudia said she "may or may not" wake up to get our breakfast ready, but that she would leave stuff out for us the night before. She gave us instructions on how to switch on the coffee maker ourselves. I don't know about other people, but part of the reason why I like staying at B&Bs is getting that nice home-cooked hot breakfast in the morning. She did leave us the cooler with sandwich wraps to take with us for the day, however after the first few bites, my husband found a hair in his wrap. And the next morning when we had to leave for our flight and decided to skip breakfast (esp. due to our unpleasant breakfast experience the day before), Claudia seemed upset that she had gone through the trouble to buy bread for us and we weren't staying to eat it. To add insult to injury, when I got home, I realized she had double charged us for the stay. To her credit, she was very quick to apologize and reverse the charge after I emailed her to point out the error. One last warning - if you are a light sleeper this may not be the place for you. At night the "nature noises" from outside were VERY loud and it was difficult to sleep, especially since we were battling jet leg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private guest wing on a salt water lagoon across from Hilo's favorite swimming beaches. Luxury ocean view accommodations for $160-$180 king beds, ensuite baths, free WiFi, flat screen TVs, common sitting room/lounge area, games, books, & hot buffet breakfast. Small refrigerators in room and tea service available in common room. Triple room available. Beach towels, folding chairs,coolers flashlights and umbrellas on hand. $10/night discount off base price for five nights or more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your At the Beach with Friends Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At The Beach With Friends Hotel Hilo
- At The Beach With Friends Bed And Breakfast
- At The Beach With Friends Bed & Breakfast Hilo, Hawaii