I travel quite a bit in the islands for business. I go to Hilo at least 6 or 7 times a year. Over the past couple of years, I have sampled the various choices in Hilo, including the few hotels, and a couple of the B&B's. After a number of not so pleasant experiences, I happened upon Claudia's B&B. And it was a big relief to find something in Hilo that was pleasant, comfortable, affordable, charming, peaceful, and.... Well, I can't help myself, it is a great place to stay. I'm a business traveler, so I don't usually have time to use the readily available beach gear, towels, travel books, and other conveniences at your fingertips in the house. But I will when I come back to just take a break.
Free high speed WiFi, even a computer and printer if you need it, comfortable beds, luxurious sheets and pillows, as well as interesting Hawaiian memorabilia on the walls of the rooms and the hallways. This is just my kind of place. Dare I say it feels comfortable, like home? Yes, it does.
Unlike hotels, where I worry about my luggage and personal items being at risk, I have never had to worry at all here. You can lock your room, but there is no reason to, as nobody wanders in, as the property is private and off the beaten path. This means a lot to me. And if there are others staying here, you meet them at breakfast, and it is always interesting to meet people from other places, other countries, and travelers who happened upon Claudia's home away from home.
And the price is the same or less than any of the hotels (which are dreadful) and the few other B&B's in the area. Claudia and Scott (the owners) bend over backwards to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. They have always been totally honest with billing, and happy to accommodate if your schedule changes.
I have not found anything to dislike about this B&B. I actually look forward to my visits. And that is saying something for a frequent business traveler, yes?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private guest wing on a salt water lagoon across from Hilo's favorite swimming beaches. Luxury ocean view accommodations for $160-$180 king beds, ensuite baths, free WiFi, flat screen TVs, common sitting room/lounge area, games, books, & hot buffet breakfast. Small refrigerators in room and tea service available in common room. Triple room available. Beach towels, folding chairs,coolers flashlights and umbrellas on hand. $10/night discount off base price for five nights or more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- At The Beach With Friends Hotel Hilo
- At The Beach With Friends Bed And Breakfast
- At The Beach With Friends Bed & Breakfast Hilo, Hawaii