“Awesome place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

blacky101
“Awesome place to stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Well it must be good as this is the second time to Flower Hill. Tim and Karen are the best hosts, offering fruits from their farm and even equipment to catch shrimp in their river. My two boys had a great time running with buddy their dog and feeding the other animals on this large property. We really enjoyed it and had a relaxing time.
I would recommend this place to those who want a relaxed time where you can enjoy the surrounds.

16 Aug 2017
It is always so fun to have you from Tasmania. It is amazing to me that a family comes all the way from Tasmania to stay with us. You are always welcome back, like I told the boys, "Even for your wedding or honeymoon".
Please keep in touch, love Karen (&Tim)
442yvonne...
Jasper, Canada
“Tranquil & Refreshing”
Reviewed 21 February 2017 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

What makes this place so special is many things...
Your hosts, Tim & Karen are fantastic, sharing goat milk & fresh eggs & whatever fruit is ready for picking.
The river that runs along the property is pleasant to listen to as you sit upon the balcony overlooking it & enjoying a peaceful cup of tea in the morning & evening,
The tranquility of the country side is so relaxing & quiet. The night sounds are so different & more tolerable than city sounds.
Definitely a place to return to & highly recommended for those looking to get away & relax.

22 Feb 2017
So nice that you remember your trip fondly. We would love to have you back, even for a visit.
Nigel M
Bedford
“So good I really should keep it secret!”
Reviewed 8 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

A real gem. A true piece of paradise. Tim and Karen have made their home and garden into a serene, beautiful sanctuary away from the cares of the world. Accommodation is in a well appointed self catering purpose built extension to their large airy house on a hill located in six acres of manicured tropical garden. Every morning I awoke to the sound of a waterfall. The vista includes towering bamboos, flowering trees and the Pacific Ocean. The livestock on their patch includes ponies, goats, chickens, beehives, and two friendly dogs. Tim and Karen can advise on where to go and what to see - and are generous with their eggs, milk and honey. I would return tomorrow if my work did not get in the way.

10 Feb 2017
It was so neat and informative to talk to you about growing tea. We really hope you do bring your wife back, soon! Stay warm and not too busy.
Marie8662
Oslo, Norway
“A piece of Paradise on Earth!”
Reviewed 29 January 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Our family of four stayed on Flower Hill two out of three months on Big Island, and we LOVED it! If it were available, we would have stayed there the whole time. The apartment had everything we needed and the view was Amazing! Tim and Karen became like family, they are so friendly, helpful and has the warmest hearts. They made art-projects for our children and taught them how to care for their farm-animals, our kids loved them and this place! Their friendly dog Buddy was fun to be around! The area is quiet yet close to all that Hilo has to offer. Their fruitgarden is a piece of paradise! We have only good things to say after our long stay. If you are looking for a place to spend your time on Big Island, this is it!

30 Jan 2017
It was hard to see you go, you did become part of the family; and did more than your share helping and cleaning your place up when you left.
We will see you next time you are back!
Or for Felicia's wedding!
Leonard S
Edmonton, Canada
“Simply amazing.”
Reviewed 27 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

It's hard to describe just how beautiful this place is. The pictures don't do it justice. It is simply breathtaking. The unit is (again, deceptive from the pictures) nearly new, and is open and airy and has everything you need, including laundry. Hilo is a short drive away and a beautiful scenic drive is minutes away. It's really quite perfect, particularly when you consider the price. I would suggest you arrive during daylight as the road leading to the property is quite narrow, also follow Karen's directions not Google's as Google will try leading you down a road that is actually closed. Speaking of Karen, the owners of the property are really wonderful people (we got in much later than planned and Karen brought us dinner) who are rightfully proud of the beautiful haven they have created. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

30 Jan 2017
It was so nice meeting you and talking garden talk, hope you can stay longer next time. I know it is never long enough, in paradise.
justme974...
Coos Bay
“Home Sweet Home”
Reviewed 1 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

OMG . It was my first time to Hawaii - and hopefully not my last. First off Karen and Tim are amazing! I felt like we knew them forever. Very friendly and helpful. We were greeted with smiles and Aloha's. The home is so cozy and homey. The deck is the best spot. I enjoyed my early morning coffee and late night drink on it. Enjoyed the gecko's who scurried across it every now and then. Now, the birds in the bamboo were just amazing. The colors and sounds sparked so much joy inside of me. I just dont know if words can really express the true feelings of joy i have for this place. I consider it home. The farm animals were a joy too. I learned that horses love pineapple - and i also learned that pineapple does not grow off of a tree! The fresh fruits and garden areas were a great learning adventure too. The sites of Hilo are great. I enjoyed zip lines and snorkeling too. (Karen, you need to get those videos created) Karen was great at sharing hidden gems that Hilo has to offer. From the bottom of my heart - Ma-halo!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of home and fresh fruits.
Liked least: Nothing really - the sticky heat was even nice.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
blacky101
“Best relaxed accommodation ever”
Reviewed 5 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My family and I had a wonderful time staying with Tim and Helen. That are wonderful hosts. Very relaxed and happy to answer any questions. They made our children feel relaxed. I will definitely recommend their accommodation to others and will stay there again, only for a longer period.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
5 May 2016
It was great having you. Your boys were a lot of fun, and very good boys. Hope you come back soon, or later.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing