“Place was fine, people and service was great!”

Hilo Airport Hostel : Pineapple Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hilo
Hilo Airport Hostel : Pineapple Park
New York City, New York
“Place was fine, people and service was great!”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Stayed here for a week while on the Big Island. Mark, the attendant, was as helpful and friendly as can be. He and some other guests helped me plan the whole trip and they had fantastic selections. Location could be better, but most of the time you will be driving to different locations around the area anyways, so I never really found it to be an issue.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mango1816

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Yes, this hotel was pretty clean, had an available kitchen and living room space but it was empty. I saw no guests. It was a bit depressing and weird for us to be the only ones. The one man on staff was fine. The location was ok. I probably wouldn't stay there again...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Kealakekua, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 October 2011

cars, planes, dogs barking, etc...what a waste of money. hilo bay hostel is way better and no so crappy feeling, its very industrial at hilo airport hostel..im not happy i chose it, my wife is mad at me ruined our vacation

Room Tip: pick hilo bay hostel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank dick h

Travellers are raving about these Hilo hotels

Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I just finished a visit at this hostel for the first 2 weeks of a 6 week visit to the Big Island. Annie and her staff are really great. Feel like family now. I loved staying there and how helpful they all were every time I needed directions, help or assistance for what to see and how to get around. Facilities are very clean and comfy, everything I needed. Lots of hot water : ) As a single woman traveling, I felt very safe. Especially with her little dog Lilly on the watch! LOL I plan on staying again when I go back to the Kona side. I really DO recommend a car. The bus stops right out front and runs the Kona Alii drive road, but car makes seeing the sights much easier. She provides pick up and drop off for a much cheaper fee than a taxi - take her up on it!

Room Tip: I stayed in the front smaller bunk room and it felt very private, quiet, and comfy.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2011

There's not much to say about this hostel (or it's sister Hostel in Kona). It was a standard hostel in most respects (common kitchen stacked with everything you need, good location, pretty standard rooms.

The manager, Scott, was really great, friendly, and helpful when we needed directions and suggestions. Funny too.

It was clean, there weren't crazy rude people like some have written, and overall it was a standard visit with no problems.

The nearby farmer's markets were wonderful and excellent for stocking up on amazing food.

The Pineapple Park Hostels (Kona and this one) do charge, however, and additional fee which was not on our reservation. When I asked, they said it was a tax of some sort. Not sure what that was about since other hostels booked through the same company didn't have that.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank David R
Shepparton, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I got to stay at both hostels on the hilo side and kona and i really enjoyed my stay at both hostels. I got to know the manager at the time scott and he is a very helpfull, nice and friendly. I found both hostels to be very tidy and clean and the long term stay people were very nice and they made me feel very welcome. I met the owner annie and got along with her very well, she made my stay a great one and treated me very kindly. We had great conversations and many laughs together. If your a down to earth person you will love annie. She keeps her hostel very clean and organized, all she asks in return is for your respect and understanding of her buisness, which is very easy to do. Over all i have nothing to complain about, as i enjoyed my stay at both hostels. I would stay again :) Cheers.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Jeez- what can I say that will be a positive? Not much.

The place was a filthy, nasty, drunken, potsmokers paradise. A young man "managing", nightly pokerfests complete with plenty of booze, language and disregard for the guest. We originally book 4 nights but could not stomach more than 2. When asked for refund to relocate....the owner(?) Ann became hostile and aggressive. Being told to get the [...] out in front of our small children was delightful. We were "to picky, trying to steal her things(?) and not welcome any longer." Enter the husband.....nasty, drunk and agressive, in the company of some older Madcow person.........delightful if you are looking for that type of entertainment. Our possessions were THROWN out into the street. Police took report but civil suit is only recourse....not worth the effort. A very BAD lesson learned.

We have since looked into this business. They actually own three...some positive reviews but overall the rating are poor and wesuggesst other options. Hostelworkd.com removed their listing after numerous complaints but they managed to relist under a diffrent name.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family