“Wow, what paradise on Hawaii Island!”
Review of Lilikoi Inn

and 1 more site!
Lilikoi Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Holualoa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Wow! I feel like the luckiest traveler in Hawaii! I am a single gal, and I found this paradise home away from home to be the most wonderful inn. Shai and Trina are warm and friendly. They greeted me with fresh fruit smoothie and led me to their exquisite home. It is spacious, beautifully adorned, and the rooms are spacious, full of light, and clean. I loved conversations with the other interesting guests from all over the world, and our breakfasts were full of laughter. Trina gave me great suggestions of where to snorkle, hike, swim, dine, and shop. Shai makes tasty breakfasts each morning: fresh fruit from their trees, special egg dishes, french toast and other creative dishes. He plants beautiful flowers, coffee, and fruit trees all over the property, and I enjoyed peaceful hot tubs at night. It is a great place to be with your family, mate, or alone. I hope to return each time I'm on the island. Mahalo!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 June 2010

The Lilikoi Inn is the perfect place to stay in Kona. The property is designed to show off the natural beauty of Hawaii and the views are simply breathtaking. Shai honestly prepares some of the best breakfasts you will ever have. And there's no better way to wake up than by watching the sunrise from the lanai with a cup of coffee in hand.

Trina and Shai welcomed me with their jokes and friendly demeanors. They know everything about the Big Island -- what beaches are the best, what hikes are worth doing, and what sites one should see.

The house itself is very modern. The room was big and had a full private bathroom. The bed was one of the best I've slept on. They also had complimentary wi-fi and a computer to use, which was helpful to check emails.

I highly recommend staying at the Lilikoi Inn. The rooms are great, the hosts are wonderful, and you won't find better food anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2010

After reading several B&B and hotel reviews here, my wife and I decided that we would probably enjoy our 44th anniversary visit to Kona by staying at the Lilikoi Inn. What an understatement! The Inn and its setting in the coffee growing district overlooking Kailua in the distance are just breathtaking. The facilities are very well kept, but the best part of our trip was the warm reception and personal attention we received from Shai. Each morning, we anticipated Shai's delicious breakfasts on the lanai, serenaded by the local aviary. After breakfast, Shai helped us plan each day of sight-seeing with tips on restaurants and points of interest, which we appreciated. Unfortunately, Trina was away during our stay, and we regret not having met her.

Noting how fascinated we were by the beautiful tropical flora surrounding the Inn, Shai gave us tours of his landscaping projects. So much is being said these days about sustainable living, but we don't often get the chance to experience it and see it in action. Shai has put his knowledge of agriculture, plants and conservation to good use at Lilikoi Inn, and we could see the love he has for the Earth through the beauty surrounding the Inn.

If you want to connect with the beauty and serenity of Hawaii, plan your next stay in Kona at the Lilikoi Inn with Shai and Trina. You'll not regret it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Our first trip to Hawaii and the hosts made it an exceptional trip! The view was breathtaking and the food was fresh and full of flavor. The coffee and conversation were an excellent way to start each day.

The hosts took time to talk with us and gave great advice on places to go and things to see and do.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

This was my second visit to the Lilikoi Inn. I had such a phenomenal time during my first visit that I had to come back to experience more of the beautiful views, comfy quarters, tasty food, and lively hosts. To say the least, I was not at all disappointed by my choice to return.

The Lilikoi in the perfect getaway for travelers who want to experience the fine hospitality of the Big Island. Owners Trina and Shai are the warmest hosts and have a stunning home to share with travelers. The Inn has a beautiful lanai that overlooks the entire Kona coastline. This wonderfully designed porch is particularly spectacular at sunset. I enjoyed may hours on the lanai taking in the view, reading, playing chess and smelling the fresh coffee growing all around the Inn.

The guest rooms make you feel right at home. Everything you need for a pleasant stay is well within reach. I can guarantee that you will be able to rest easy in this beautiful paradise.

The quality of the food at the Lilikoi Inn sets it apart from other BBs that I have stayed at in the past. Shai is a magnificent cook who used to own a catering business in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since moving to Hawaii, he has infused the natural flavors of the island into many of his dishes that are simply to die for! If you like fresh banana bread, this is certainly the place to stay...I couldn't get enough.

I would certainly recommend the Lilikoi in to anyone who wants to get the most out of their Hawaiian vacation. Whether you stay for a night or an entire week, I can assure you that you will create many wonderful memories at the Lilikoi Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Inn with a few good friends towards the end of our stay on the Big Island, and I really wish we had checked in sooner. Trina and Shai were incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable about all the island has to offer.

The place has the feel of staying with your favorite relatives, from the amazing food that Shai prepares daily (I still fantasize about the fresh egg frittata and Shai's special spicy sauce), to the wonderful stories they regale you with. It was a great home base to come back to and take a dip in the hot tub after all our adventures on the island. I was really sad to go.

Definitely recommend this place, especially if you like a home-like feel and are traveling in a group in need of multiple rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We were greeted by Shai and a tour of the grounds and house, followed by wonderful smoothies. We stayed in the Green Papaya room for 3 nights, and the room was decorated in a very tranquil theme and had a nice spacious bathroom. It only got better from there. Our breakfasts each morning consisted of the freshest fruit, eggs, avocado and juice that were all from the property and were masterly prepared by Shai the chef . The Kona coffee was made from coffee beans harvested on site and was delighful as well, according to my husband. I do not drink coffee, so Shai made me herbal tea each morning instead. Trina and Shai gave us suggestions on which beaches we should go to and sights we should see. We were made to feel at home, and the location was just secluded enough to be very relaxing, yet only about 15 minutes away from Alli Drive, for shopping, etc. We definitely recommend The Lilikoi Inn for a great experience on the Big Island and look forward to returning to see Trina, Shai, Lilli, Nanny, Teddy, and Decaf again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holualoa
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
49 mi away
Lotus Garden Cottages
Lotus Garden Cottages
#1 of 32 in Volcano

Been to Lilikoi Inn? Share your experiences!