“Another wonderful evening.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holuakoa Cafe & Gardens
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Holualoa
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Hawaiian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Holuakoa Gardens and Cafe. We are a Slow Food establishment committed to "a food system that is based on the principles of high quality and taste, environmental sustainability, and social justice." Sit back and relax in our lush garden setting and experience Slow Food at its best, locally grown and lovingly prepared. For the best cup of coffee in Kona, visit our famous coffee shop, located right out in front of the restaurant in the historical town and artist community of Holualoa.
Denver
“Another wonderful evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We enjoyed a family dinner out at the Holuakoa Café in August 2014. This was my second visit for dinner.

This is a location not to be missed. The atmosphere is incredibly charming - open air, Asian influence - just gorgeous, and the food matches the atmosphere.

Don't miss the homemade bread, wonderful pasta, and fabulous desserts. The wine list is thoughtful and well-priced; we enjoyed a bottle of Italian pinot grigio that was awesome! (Sadly, I can't find it at home...)

A lovely location for a special night out. Not to be missed.

Kona
“We waited 45 min for soggy drenched salad and another hr for overpriced, in edible dinner drenched in grease. At least”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

They gave us $ back for my meal, which was terrible. My husband's and son's meals were slightly better, but all in all, I would not recommend anything about the restaurant except the atmosphere. The food was really substandard and pricey.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jplbassoon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing-- even from bridezilla!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Wow! I had my wedding reception here. I had a custom menu made and Duane made a point to have several conversations with me to make sure I was happy with everything. The atmosphere was absolutely stunning, the decor perfect, and the service left nothing to be desired. I cannot rave enough about this place! The hubby and I will be visiting again before out trip is over!

Santa Rosa, California
“New favorite restaurant on Big Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had lunch here twice. It is beautiful setting. The service is terrific and the food was wonderful across the board both times we ate there. Absolutely will go out of my way to eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
Kailua, Hawaii
“Delicious hidden cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Wherever you are on the island, the drive is totally worth it. The food is fresh, innovative and delicious. The atmosphere is beautiful. A covered garden with a lovely koi pond. Definitely exceeded our expectations.